cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service is not running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am tring to understand why a ws is running and the with no reson stop refreshing the data

sometimes i see the initial data saved from rich client and after few times tring to refresh it disapears

even the most simple query like "select x from y"

creating a 1 collumn table in richclient with no prompts does not show the data

i am sure the authentication is correct becuase i have a ws that do run with the same parameters

i can not find a logic for these issues

maybe it has something to do with names

thanks

Eyal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the document takes less than 5 seconds to run (in web inteligence)

so i think it is not the problem

can you explaine more about the servlet issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All BI web service HTTP requests are managed by a servlet (same as QaaWS servlet) intended at translating HTTP requests into WebI SDK calls (& conversely translating back SDK inputs into HTTP replies). Reason why you should check (now you've ensured WebI part is fine) that HTTP replies are correctly sent (& HTTP requests are correctly passed) with an HTTP sniffer tool like Fiddler (www.fiddler2.com), since it is not always easy to debug Xcelsius web service connections (& determine whether the issue is on web service / HTTP side or worksheet mapping).

Hope that helps,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the document takes too long to refresh and a servlet / HTTP timeout is hit somewhere?

Could you ensure servlet correctly replies in all cases (or not), this can be performed with an HTTP sniffing tool like Fiddler.

Hope that helps,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the document takes too long to refresh and a servlet / HTTP timeout is hit somewhere?

Could you ensure servlet correctly replies in all cases (or not), this can be performed with an HTTP sniffing tool like Fiddler.

Hope that helps,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope that helps,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the document takes long to refresh and a servlet / HTTP timeout is hit somewhere?

Hope that helps,

david.