cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Reports Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does any one know where the .htm files are stored in application server. We can find the .gif, .css files in MIME repository but I cannot find where the .htm files are stored.

thanks

Sabrina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

.htm fiels are created at runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK.

We have a web application that is mapped to the BW application server. When we open the web application, there are few static html pages, I am wondering where these are stored. Are they web templates itself, but I cannot find them(I know that we can create web template forms). I need to edit the content of these html pages, how can I? Please let me know.

http://bwreporting.bp.com is our site and I am sure bwreporting.bp.com is mapped to http://yourAppServer:yourPort

thanks

Sabrina.

Message was edited by: Sabrina Marcado

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sabrina,

What static pages are you referring to? Do you mean like the variable entry screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No its not a variable entry screen, its a page on the web application.

How can I find where the web templates are stored. When I search for a web template in Web application designer, I find it, but I cannot find the template under any role.

thanks

Sabrina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sabrina,

If you have the technical name of the web template, just open it up in WAD.

Cheers

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aneesh,

I can find the template I want but I want to know if it is not assigned to any role, where it will be stored? Why cannot I browse in "Open Web Template" dialog box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Role assignemnt is so that a user can see a template and open it. If it is used to get pictures or static HTML then, it really is not needed in a role.

Can you put in the HTML of the web template that you are trying to figure out the static page for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

the static HTML pages that I am talking about are themselves web templates(form web templates). There are few of them not being assigned to any role.

How are the BW roles mapped to web application designer roles. There are many roles in BW(authorizations) but I can see only 3 of them in Web application designer ie under/in "Open Web Template" dialog box. Do you know how these are mapped. What should I do for all the BW roles to be displayed in the dialog box or is it that if there are no web templates assigned to the role then the role won't be displayed in 'Open Web Template' dialog box.

I read in help.sap.com that from 3.0B the web templates are stored in sap web application server not on ITS. Do you know how I can find the physical location of these web templates.

thanks

Sabrina.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sabrina,

When saving a web template you can save it under a particular role. That way, in the Open dialog box you will be able to find it under a role. Web templates differ from queries in the sense that queries are always attached to one InfiProvider, so you can always find them under the infoprovider tree. However the web template are not 'attached' to only one Infoprovider...you can have several different queries in one web template as data providers. The roles that you can save a web template to are the same as your workbooks go to.

I don't think it will really help you to search for the physical location of these templates. You can also look up the code of a web template using SE38 > RS_TEMPLATE_MAINTAIN.

Hope this helps...