cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Reports & Framed Pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one of the problems we have with our web reports is the situation where, after drilling down several times, you can't see anymore the row and column information !?

It would be very nice to be able to freeze row and column headers.

I was considering a web template which included framed pages.

But then you get the situation (at least I think) where the individual templates can communicate with oneanother.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

Hans Janssen

Perfect For People BV

The Netherlands.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alexander_peter
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please refer to the documentation on the Web Application Designer (http://help.sap.com) how to freeze the headers.

Kind Regards,

Alex Peter, SAP AG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex Peter,

thanks for your reply!

I have looked into the documentation of the web application designer(freeze+header). The only

link I got was related to the ALV! (http://help.sap.com/sapdocu/netweaver/bw/bw30b/helpdata/EN/66/bc7b6e43c211d182b30000e829fbfe/content.htm)

Where should I look?

Thanks.

Hans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you are looking for is here:

http://help.sap.com/sapdocu/netweaver/bw/bw30b/helpdata/EN/76/489d39d342de00e10000000a11402f/framese...

In a web template you can modify the properties of the table web item to "display data value to column" or "display data value to row".

However, I believe you need to be on a certain SP of BW 3.0b to have access to this feature. (I forget which, I think it has been around since SP10, but don't hold me to it.)

Regards,

Stephen

And 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

thanks for your help. Yet, this does not solve my problem. Using the functionality mentioned above only the number of rows and columns are set.If I drill down in my rows to eg. 5 characteristics the related key figures disappears. If I scroll to my key figures my row info disappears...

So I think I need something like a Framed Page within webtemplate

Would it be possible to have a style sheet class linked to a table definition?

Regards,

Hans Janssen

Perfect for People BV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can have a style sheet class applied to a table definition. You would have to apply the class to the <TD> tag, and not the <TABLE> tag - I don't think you can affect all changes using CSS at the <TABLE> level. (I forget all the details of what CSS can do.)

If you are looking to manipulate the HTML on output to get what you want, I would look at using a class to better control the output. Look at the How to hide a column paper in the articles section, this will give you a good start to creating your first class to call from a web template.

I have just implmeneted successfully this method for a few reports and it works pretty good, even if you are not a good ABAP'er its not hard to do. The hardest part is making sure you have the HTML code correctly outputting where you want it to.

- Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

thanks for your reply.

Your solution does not help me. It will show only the first x rows, but when I expand 5 times I will lose information on or the key figures or the characteristics. Until real framed pages are possible with BW this remains a problem...

Regards,

Hans.