cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web report PrintPreview fading effect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In an ASP.NET web application, when previewing a report, I notice a fading effect while the report is loaded

That means the content of the report appears slowly and becomes clearer and clearer in a a few seconds...

Is this behaviour by design ?

Can it be turned off ?

Visual Studio 2010 32 bits

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 32bits version 13.0.4.705

Windows XP SP3 with Internet Explorer 8
Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 9

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, an interesting "feature" that is certainly not part of CR (first time I hear of anything like this anyhow).

However irrespective, don't use SP 4 as this has viewer issues. Roll bak to SP 3. Perhaps this will resolve the fade issue also, though I doubt it.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, this fading (that means the text of the report becomes clearer in a  matter of seconds in PrintPreview) can be seen in Crystal Reports 13.0.1 as well

Right now I can see it on a Windows 7 client machine, running IE 9, when I preview a web report in an ASP.NET 4.0 web application

The ASP.NET 4.0 web application is running  on an XP SP3 with IIS 6.0 web server

Thank you

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like I said, never heard of this before...

Can you duplicate this on other computers (not ones created off of the same image by IT)?

Could be video card / driver? Can you check on updates for yours?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try to make a video, screen capturing, hopefully the effect will be visible, I will let you know

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have prepared a video AVI file showing the fading I am talking about

The problem is that the video file I have prepared is 9MBytes large... much more than 1MB allowed to upload on this forum

Even if I compress to DivX I guess it will exceed 1MB...

Can you provide an email/FTP address maybe ?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not say I did not trust you . However I am not sure how seeing the effect will help? I am not adverse to having a look at the video, but perhaps it would be good to have answers to my questions 1st?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, you're right. It would be just as a proof

I am certainly 100% sure that the web report preview appears as fading (text becoming clearer in a few seconds) as  provided by the Windows XP SP3,

IIS 5.1 web server and Crystal Reports  13.0.3.612 

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alexandru, is this an app you are developing or a 3rd party app?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Third party ? What do you mean?

I develop, I compile the applications I am talking about, for my employer,

I have also attached source code to other problem I have raised  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3236794, so it's my own code

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandru,

I was just wondering if this happens with IE 9 compatibility mode and any other browser which is supported / compatible with CR for VS 2010.

- Bhushan

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I really have no idea. See if Bhushan's idea pans out. Other than that, maybe someone else has an idea, else is may be best if you create a phone case and have someone look at it. Phone cases can be created here:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/en_US/pd/productID.98078100?resid=S6I@hgoHAkEAAGsiyV...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thank you

Right now I see the fading effect on Google Chrome Version 22.0.1229.79

Running  on an XP SP3 with IIS 5.1 web server,  Visual Studio 2010 SP1 32 bits 

Crystal Reports 32bits version 13.0.3.612

Please see a screen capture

If I would be able to send you a video, it would be clearer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>I was just wondering if this happens with IE 9 compatibility mode

As you can see from the ASPX file I have attached  , my ASPX page has no DOCTYPE declaration

The happens consistently at home and at office on different web servers running XP SP3 IIS 5.1 and client computers running Internet Explorer 8 and 9 and Google Chrome

Answers (0)