BW Web Report, BW 3.5
I am trying to build a floating navigation area, such that the navigation area is always on top, and can be moved around by the user, but will always be on screen (similar to the demo at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex11/topcontent.htm).
I have managed to get this to work, the only problem I am having is when you drilldown via the navigation. When this is done, the current position of the navigation is lost, and it moves it back to the original position.
I believe that this is occurring because on the drilldown, the only section that is reloaded is the data section, not the whole page (am I correct in this assumption??). As a result, the code that I have written to position the code is not run on the drilldown, and for some reason, it is returning the navigation area to its original position.
My questions really are the following:
1. Am I correct in assuming that only the part of the web report that is changed is reloaded when you do a drilldown operation?
2. If so, is there an event that is raised that I can tap to have it call the function that repositions the navigation area?
3. Has anyone done anything similar and managed it successfully?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
See comments below
1. Am I correct in assuming that only the part of the web report that is changed is reloaded when you do a drilldown operation? <b>Mostly. I've noticed before that the body onload event is not always fired when you add/remove chars to the data table. This behavior was not consistent. I think it depended on what data is in cache. I'll have to research a bit more. Also, I think this has to do with the use of bw snippet operations. I think this option can be turned off and this may force the page to reload after every navigation.</b>
2. If so, is there an event that is raised that I can tap to have it call the function that repositions the navigation area?<b> Not sure, I'll have to look into it.</b>
3. Has anyone done anything similar and managed it successfully?<b> Nope. But with the introduction of the vertical navigation block in 3.5, I've been thinking about using a sidebar, much like you see here ==> http://www.sitepoint.com/article/simple-tricks-usable-forms
Hide Nav/Show Nav can be seen in action on the left navigation area.</b>