cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web printing with excel - variable issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you guys doing? I have a question again. I am implementing the web printing with excel. When we print to excel, can we just print those variables being entered only on the selection screen. Now it prints what we see on the web report.But on the excell it looks not that good.

Any help will be very appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kev,

Why don't you hide the ones not required in the excel, if I understood your question correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AVR,

Thanks for the help. I know we can collapse the web item or hide the whole thing with print-specific BW web template before senting the output to excel to get the expected result.

However, for my case I got whole list of variable on the selection page. User usually enter two or three of them. I use the text item to show the variables on the web report. Those variable not being fielded will also be shown from the text element which is fine. However, the output to excel will be ugly. It shows all the variables, but we want only those being entered by the user be shown.

I don't know if we can actually hide or filter them out from the web report first, then send to excel. Or we have to work with the output being sent to excel. Or use the table API for that.

Thanks!

Answers (0)