cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Page Composer

0 Kudos

Hi,

I've heard about the Web Page Composer and understand this is what has been used to develop the SDN site, but I can't find much information about it.

Can anyone tell me exactly when WPC should be used? Is it to make KM part look more like websites, or more like the rest of the portal?

Is it used to create External Facing Portals, or is this something completely different? If I have understood it right, KM is not supported with the EFP. Is this right?

Thanks for any information,

Ellen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ellen,

I'd just saw a high level ppt presented at TechED and don't have much information.

In summary, WPC will put togheter EP and KM combining the features of both in order to enable content managers to...

- Design portal pages with state-of-the-art web page layout

- Add HTML content to pages (application and textual)

- Submit pages for approval and manage versions

- Approve portal pages and set them live at runtime

- Use the KM capabilities for retrieval and content services

- Push content within the portal light framework page

It will add new functionalities to standard KM/EP funcions providing true WCM capabilities to SAP Portal.

The bad news is that it will be available only in SPS20.

Regads,

Marcelo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ellen,

Few information about it is published up to now. There are sessions at the TechEds...

> KM is not supported with the EFP. Is this right?

No, it's not that restrictive. SAP does not advice to use navigation iViews, as they make heavy use of HTMLB which isn't considered as "light" content - but there is so much HTMLB in the portal, I wouldn't take that too serious (also from real-life experience).

What's a problem is that embedded navigation iViews, especially more than one on one page, are not working. That's a restriction which always holds, but it's hurts more on EFP portals where you try to "embed everything".

Nevertheless, it works.

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Please consider rewarding points for helpful answers on SDN. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Detlev.

I guess I will have to wait a bit longer to get more information about WPC, and how and when it is used.

Regards,

Ellen