cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web IDE Stability Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the past couple of weeks I have been experiencing a number of stability issues with the SAP Web IDE (not the trial version). It regularly loses its session information (SESSION_GONE errors) and just stops working, even after only a few minutes.

I am usually able to resolve the problem by clearing the browser's cache and reloading the IDE but that is becoming an annoying task to do and it defeats the benefits of using a visual IDE.

Is anyone else experiencing problems like this? Is there anything I can do to make the IDE more stable?

I am using Chrome Version 44.0.2403.107 m on Windows 7.

Thanks,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Just curious was SAP support able to fix this. We are having the same issue across our developers.

Regards,

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

No we haven't opened a ticket with support yet. We are going to do so this week as the instability has returned. If you can open a ticket as well that will help SAP realize it isn't an isolated incident.

Thanks,

Dave

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

It's important to report any incident you have in order for us to fix what needs fixing.

Even if you can't always reproduce it.

Thanks,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I added an incident in my support portal on 08/12 under HAN-WDE in the support system with no response. I called the SAP hotline to get a status update and to make sure I logged the incident correctly and the hotline told me

"that there is currently no way to reach the Hana Cloud Support and that they are hoping there will be a way soon"

That did not sound correct to me but the person assured me that he was with SAP support and that there was no way to check on my logged support request.

Any thoughts on how to check on the support request?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jim

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

The component used is wrong, you should open it on CA-WDE component.

If you will mention the ticket number I can try and locate it and forward it to the relevant people.

Regards,
Michal.

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your ticket has arrived to the right component, I will ask it to be handled as soon as possible.

Regards,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are some examples of errors I have gotten today:

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Are you using the non-trial cloud version or a local installation of Web IDE?

If you're using the local installation there's now a new version (1.12) which I recommend to install and use with Orion 5.

If you're using the cloud version I recommend to open a ticket in order for us to be able to properly investigate these issues, as they can be very annoying I'm sure.

Regards,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

It is the non-trial cloud version. It seems to be more stable since I created my post so perhaps they have fixed something on the server.

Thanks,

Dave

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, but if you will see these errors again, please open a ticket.

Regards,
Michal.