cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro applications to access non SAP backend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to write a web dynpro application deployed to the SAP Portal to connect to and pull data from a non sap backend for example SQL Server without using a Web Service or XI/PI?

Thanks

TM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Yes, it's possible. It's the same as for example write JSP web application without sap backend.

Regards,

Andrei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You Can Expose Non SAP Functinality As Webservice.

After That You Have Taken WSDL URL..

Go To NWDS.Open With Webdynpro Perspective.

After that Using Webservice Model,In That Local Directory You Specify WSDL URL.

In that Way You Can Access Non SAP BAckend Systems.

Points Are Welcome

Thanks

SubbaRao Chinta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei and SubbaRao,

Thanks for your responses,

However the question was can you write a web dynpro application to retrieve data from a non-sap backend without using a web service ?

So I dont want to write a JSP web app and I dont want to use a web service.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

TM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tony,

Please look on my responce once again.

I didn't wrote that you should write JSP. I just mentioned that WD can be used as any other front-end technology without sap backend. JSP it's just an example.

So the answer on your question is Yes.

Regards,

Andrei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

Oh ok, thanks.

So how would you connect to SQL Server and retrieve data? Are there example you know of? Would I be able to take advantage of Web Dynpros ability to generate code to encapsulate the data types as Java classes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

To connect to any external data source you need to create a Data Source (in the Visual Admin tool) and use it in your J2EE application.

In the WD code you can execute SQL statement, create WD node elements and add it to WD node.

In this case you will need to create structure of the WD nodes manually.

In the NWDS in "..\eclipse\examples\" there are a lots of examples of WD application. The only difference that you have it's an external Data Source, but for the first time you can create some stubs (without Data Source) and use them in WD application.

Regards,

Andrei