cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro application crashes on startup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have developed a web dynpro application. The application worked fine. But we have applied the patch level 12 to the NWDS(I mean 2.0.12) today. When I am tried to rebuild, deploy and run the same application,It crashes with the following error. I have also with another new application from scratch but the same error. We have not altered the server settings.

Can anybody suggest the reason behind.

Thanks in advance

Satish

Error stacktrace:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/tc/webdynpro/progmodel/gci/IGCIComponentDelegate

-

Loader Info -

ClassLoader name: [local/ERPAuftragsInfoWebDynpro]

Parent loader name: [Frame ClassLoader]

References:

common:service:http;service:servlet_jsp

service:ejb

common:service:iiop;service:naming;service:p4;service:ts

service:jmsconnector

library:jsse

library:servlet

common:library:IAIKSecurity;library:activation;library:mail;library:tcsecssl

library:ejb20

library:j2eeca

library:jms

library:opensql

library:webservices_lib

interface:resourcecontext_api

interface:webservices

sap.com/tcwddispwda

sap.com/tcwdcorecomp

service:webdynpro

service:sld

library:tcddicddicservices

library:com.sap.aii.proxy.framework

library:tcgraphicsigs

library:com.sap.mw.jco

library:com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient

library:sapxmltoolkit

library:com.sap.aii.util.rb

library:com.sap.util.monitor.jarm

library:tcddicddicruntime

common:library:com.sap.security.api.sda;library:com.sap.security.core.sda;library:security.class;service:com.sap.security.core.ume.service;service:connector;service:dbpool;service:keystore;service:security;service:userstore

library:com.sap.aii.util.xml

library:tccolapi

library:com.sap.aii.util.misc

library:tc~cmi

library:tccolruntime

Resources:

C:\usr\sap\WA2\DVEBMGS20\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\local\ERPAuftragsInfoWebDynpro\webdynpro\public\lib\app.jar

Loading model: {parent,references,local}

-

The error occurred while trying to load "componentspackage.wdp.InternalERPServiceAuftragComponent".

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.load.ReferencedLoader.loadClass(ReferencedLoader.java:326)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingComponent.<init>(DelegatingComponent.java:40)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.doInit(ClientComponent.java:760)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.init(ClientComponent.java:329)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.init(ClientApplication.java:342)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.Task.createApplication(Task.java:217)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.execute(WebDynproMainTask.java:494)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:54)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientManager.doProcessing(ClientManager.java:241)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doWebDynproProcessing(DispatcherServlet.java:139)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:101)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:38)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:377)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:257)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:322)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:300)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:699)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:224)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:147)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java:71)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:94)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:140)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have a newer Web Dynpro version in your NWDS than on the server. Thus there is code generated that is not supported by the older runtime.

Solution: Ensure you have the same version (service pack) in NWDS and your J2EE server.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Armin:

I have the same isse like this one. Here is my environment for testing.

NWDS version 2.09 , Build id: 200411030238

WAS: Build ID: 6.3004.00.0000.20040209174308.0000

According to my post replied from "Bhavik Devisha " . The versions I used with NWDS and WAS are matched to each other (See below).

But in your reply, you mentioned the error came from the difference in "Version" which confused me.

Now I have problem in running WebDynpro and am lost in Version. Could you help ? Thanks !

========================================================

Re: Some questions about WAS J2EE engine

Posted: Jul 12, 2005 2:10 AM Reply E-mail this post

Hi River,

The latest version of WAS is 6.40 SP12.

You can download WAS and NDS installables from the SAP service market place from the following link service.sap.com

and there go for downloads.

And yes the version of your WAS and NDS should be at same level. Atleast WAS version is higher then NDS version.

Regards,

Bhavik

=========================================================

Error is :

Error stacktrace:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/tc/webdynpro/progmodel/gci/IGCIComponentDelegate

-

Loader Info -

ClassLoader name: [local/MyWebDynpro]

Parent loader name: [Frame ClassLoader]

References:

common:service:http;service:servlet_jsp

service:ejb

common:service:iiop;service:naming;service:p4;service:ts

service:jmsconnector

library:jsse

library:servlet

common:library:IAIKSecurity;library:activation;library:mail;library:tcsecssl

library:ejb20

library:j2eeca

library:jms

library:opensql

library:webservices_lib

interface:resourcecontext_api

interface:webservices

sap.com/tcwddispwda

sap.com/tcwdcorecomp

service:webdynpro

service:sld

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem, your NWDS is newer (SP 9, Nov. 2004) than your J2EE server (Feb. 2004). You find the exact Web Dynpro version info in the HTML source.

Armin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same error after installing just the sneak preview of WEB AS 6.40 from SDN.

I have of NWDS:

Version: 2.0.9

Build id: 200411030238

I expect to have the newest WEB AS also, because I just downloaded it?!

I try to test a webdynpro application developed for EP Portal locally.

I have a long expierience in WebSphere development, and I have to say you are far away in terms of tools - just one central webbased tools in contrast to 4 or 5 tools - and programming model from that products... Dokumentation of APIs and tools is also a dark chapter in my eyes. Explaining what you can do is not helpful, a few sentences WHY I need to do something are more interesting.

For me personally SAP has still a long way in the J2EE development to go when I see how it (not) works at time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As was explained in my previous message, you must ensure that your application is not created with a NWDS that generates code with features not yet available on your J2EE server.

Please re-check the exact versions of your NWDS and the Web Dynpro runtime on your J2EE server.

Armin

P.S: Do you have any concrete proposals concerning your critical remarks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try now to get my versions in line. The sneak preview I downloaded is in fact an old version. So I got the newest version of SAP WAS 6.40 SP 9 (WebAS640SP9.zip from SDN) and I try to install it on a clean PC (no previous version was installed on that one).

Result:

ERROR 2005-06-06 11:48:49

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: in function sdbinst_get_packages_info(sdb_path) { var sdb_upd = get_sdbinst_application(sdb_path, undefined, undefined); sdb_upd.setArguments(["-l"]); var out_s = sdb_upd.getOutputStream(); var s_out = ""; var b_start = sdb_upd.start(false); ASSERT(arguments.callee, b_start, "COULD NOT START THE APPLICATION: " + sdb_upd.getCommandLine() + "! Check the path!"); while (!out_s.fail()) { var s_ln = out_s.getLine(); var re = /\s+\t*/; var db_arr = s_ln.split(re); if ("Base" == db_arr[0]) { s_out = s_ln; } } ASSERT(arguments.callee, "" != s_out, "THERE WERE PROBLEMS RUNNING THE APPLICATION: " + sdb_upd.getCommandLine() + "! Check the path!"); return s_out;}THERE WERE PROBLEMS RUNNING THE APPLICATION: C:\temp\MaxDB\NT\I386\SDBINST.exe '-l'! Check the path!

My choices are just stop the installation or view log. The application path for sdbinst.exe is correct. I checked that.

As you want more remarks why I'm so critical. I have a version of WebSphere 5.1 running on my laptop - its not fast but its running fast enough to show my customers example applications. With WAS 6.40 the laptop was not usable anymore...

Deployment in WebSphere and all other tasks are done by ONE webbased application. For WAS I have to use and deployment tool (SDM), and serveral other tools to manage the server.

I tried to figure out how WebDynpro works with the documentation delivered together with Developer Studio. Often it just says what I can do, but not WHY I should do something. As a Java Developer with more then 5 years experience I expect more from tutorials. I rate the quality of the documentation as bad and lower as what I'm used to find in the Java world. The API documentation for example contains no code examples etc.

You need more concrete proposals?

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

concerning the installation issues: Please post the problem also in the "Web AS Preview Installation" forum, this should help in finding a solution.

I agree with you that the resource requirements of the J2EE engine are rather high for an average notebook. Perhaps you can get some help in the "Web AS General" forum on how to strip down the J2EE engine for a demo system.

On the "SDN meets labs" in St.Leon-Rot, a colleague presented a new version of the visual administrator that looked rather good to me.

Did you read the Web Dynpro tutorials available here on SDN and the Web Dynpro documentation on help.sap.com? There are some good articles and videos describing the concepts of Web Dynpro like MVC, multi-client capability etc.

There is also the book "Inside Web Dynpro for Java" by Chris Whealy, which I find worth reading.

I really appreciate your feedback.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

As frank told, you should have one tool to deploy, administrator and other things like SDM, Visual admin, etc. It is making things very complex for maintaining. You are telling you have seen new improved visual admin from your colleague but my question is why u SAP people are not going in the direction of one common web tool for everything, instead of different tools for different administrative things.

One more thing - Can i know in which log file can i find the errors of webdynpro and do i need to configure it in visual admin to trace the errors of webdynpro.

Thanks,

sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

for all logging issues there is a nice thread here:

/thread/27903 [original link is broken]

I hate to tell you, but there is a separate tool for watching the logs. As far as I understood, everything is written in one big log, you have to search for an ID...

Best is to read the thread and then the mentioned weblog. I'm trying to fiddle it out myself right now.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another thing I just stumbled over...

I try to deploy my WebDynpro Application. I tried it from Developer Studio. But I think it did not work, at least after 10 Minutes doing nothing else then saying, that it creates the EAR.

So I tried the other way to make deployment with SDM tool. Great, that one says it can't login becaúse API is used. Think its my Developer Studio... So close it.

Great, now I can't deploy with SDM AND Developer Studio anymore, because the old Session still hangs...

So lets wait and and drink coffee for the timeout. I believe all that was made to push coffee industry...