cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro 4 ABAP Print a POP-UP Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Web Dynpro Application 4 ABAP with 2 windows. It is running on EHP 5.

From the main-window, from a view, I call  the second window  (as pop-up)  with a view with a dynamic table.

I want to print this pop-up (the second window with the tablecontent). I can print the main window but not the pop-up (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/f8/872806981d4411b5ce51a00207ed31/frameset.htm).

Do you have an example for me? It is possible to print the content from a pop-up from a Web Dynpro?

Thank you for your answer!

Kind regards,

Monica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

Please look in the web dynpro component WDR_TEST_EVENTS.

It is a sample component created by SAP for all the UI elements.You will be able to find the logic to implement the print of the pop up window.

Regards,

Sayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sayan,

thanx for your answer. I saw this example, but it doesn’t solve my problem.

I attach a screenshot with my print-dummy: I want to print the pop up content not the main window,

but if I push the print button it comes the preview for the mainwindow.

Kind regards,

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

To my understanding, the above functionality to print a web dynpro page works only when we have one interface view. Since to create a pop up you are uing two interface views, the parent window is going to print preview and not the pop up window.

You can tackle the situation in two ways:

1) Trigger a smartform output, taking the table data as input to the smartform, when the print button is pressed.

2) Instead of using a pop up, keep the table view in this window and navigate to it. On print action follow the same steps to print the page.

Regards,

Sayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sayan,

yes indeed, it is so.

I hoped there is a possibility and I don’t know it, to print the pop up content.

I didn’t want to rebuild the web dynpro application.

Thank you for your answer.

Kind regards,

Monica