cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to create Event which can alert Sap jobs if fails or killed or canceled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are using Redwood cronacle 9.0.4.1 and want to add alerting in form of Events like whenever jobs get failed, killed or canceled. That event will raise which we add in chain definition. So that will call the event definition which has the email id for that particular team. Example: So, whenever my job fail A failed it has the Raise Event so it will trigger and the definition of the event and it has mail id of the team. But how I can create that chain definition for Event.

View Entire Topic
gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As mentioned above

Have a look at the log files of the System_Mail_Send job inside your alert chain to figure out if there are any setup issues and why the mail is not sending

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per logs of System_Mail_Send I am getting below error.

"Send an e-mail using SMTP. If the server parameter is not set, the value set by System_Mail_Configure is used. If server is set to 'default', then the default server for your application server is used. If server is set to 'detect' then the job will detect the server to be used from the first e-mail address. Other values for server specify a local SMTP server. This job definition requires the Mail Module license."

And as per log file it is asking for the configure System_Mail_Configure details. But we dont have any SMTP server configure will it be possible to do it without SMTP server

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the documentation on mail on how configure the email setup

https://docs.runmyjobs.cloud/9.2.10/MailModule

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

Thanks for this article I will check this and set up SMTP for email alerting. I was also trying to create Job Definition for mailing purpose it is also asking for SMTP Server. I will setup this SMTP and let you know whether it is working or not.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. I am willing to learn new things in Redwood. Could you please share the link for Redwood scripting so I can get the knowledge on that.