Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA + AIF : Get modified PDF source (XSTRING) after user input

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have this problem.

I have an online adobe interactive form (ZCI layout) with fillable and dynamic attributes sets to 'X'.

The interface is type "Dictionary Based" (not XML).

I've created a wda that calls standard ADS function modules (FP_JOB_OPEN, generated function modules, FB_JOB_CLOSE) to get the xtring of this Form. Then i bind the xstring returned by generated function module in order to show it in a view (that contains an AIF element). Now the user can insert values in input-ready fields.

When the user close the window, i'd like to read the whole (result) xstring of the pdf, filled with the user input.

But when i read the context attached of the pdf (called pdfsource) after user input, it contains only the pdf source, but not the user's input also. The result should be a merge of pdfsource and userdata, in order to save the xstring in a specific path (after conversion).

Is there a way to solve this problem ??

Thank a lot for your help and hints

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You aren't going to get any framework context processing of the form as long as you use a DDic based form. DDic based forms should only be used for non-interactive printing. For a use case like you describe you should use the XML based form interface.

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Thomas for your answer.

Now i know it's impossible use DDIC based forms to perform this kind of task.

Best Regards

Andrea

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please,

no one may help me with this task?

Just know if it is possible do something like my request, or not.

I've alredy search in old posts also, but nothig was found.

Thanks a lot

Andrea