cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to access SAP data using JCo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

IS there any way by which I can directly retreive the data from a SAP table using the JCo. Currently I'm using the BAPI, but I'm intertested in knowing if I can connect and retrievce data from an SAP table directly without having to use and function module.

Also, RFC enabled function modules the only way to retreive any data from SAP using the JCo?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika

JCO supports only RFMs and ALE/IDOCs for data retreival from SAP . As for the question reading directly from table , there are generic function modules(RFC_READ_TABLE) that perform table reads (table name being one of the input parameters).

check this blog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/06/19/how-i-started-with-sap-web-development

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

Thanks for that link. It was very informative. I think RFC_READ_TABLE will help me get all the data I'm looking for. Just one thing though.. I'm having trouble calling RFC_READ_TABLE from my java application. Is there any documentation anywhere about the parameters to be passed to call RFC_READ_TABLE and how it works?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

There is a nice article and example at

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/simpl... queries of sap tables from java

Cheers,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I was able to successfully retreive data from the SAP table, with the help of the example you guided me to! Thanks!

Deepika.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

There is no way other than BAPI or RFC enabled function modules to retrieve data from SAP system. You have to have these things only. Other than these you also can use ALE/Idoc and services exposed in SICF transaction. But you can't directly access the SAP tables.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Thanks for confirming that information.

Deepika.