cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to access sap (ecc 5.0) globally from our web page ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys ...jus go thru this u i hope u will understand my problem better...

im having a server in my home (ecc 5.0) ....now i wanna access sap globally from my web page .........where ever i go ....& which ever system i want.... provided with active internet connection to that paticular system which we wanna access sap from ...... this means when i enter my web page it should provide me with option that i can access sap too......from my web page itself.....please help me out in solving out this issue for me ....thanks ...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Am not sure but as far as I know you will require to open your system on the net...like changing the port + registering the IP in the DNS.

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai ritu .....thanks a lot for the reply ....but ....which port we need to change .....how to change it ???...i.e some specific ports .could u please tell us that ....if possible .....thanks ...

regards ,

naveen .

Former Member
0 Kudos

It really depends on what you want?

I assume you dont want your facilities to be available to ANYONE (like a public website) but wish to restrict access to just yourself. If thats the case then you would be better off acquiring a router with built in VPN. Although you would need the client app on an worldwide machine to access it - it does offer security for your system. Once the VPN tunnel is open, you access the servers just like you would if you were actually ON the network. There isnt much else to configure in this model - DNS might be a problem but there are lots of choices around that.

If you want public website - this is more complex because you wouldnt normally expose these types of systems to the outside world. You would (for example) have portal sitting in the internet (not protected except by application level security. All the backend systems, R/3, databases etc would normally reside in a secure zone protected by firewalls.

This is NOT a straightfoward operation.

Haydn