cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAD Help: Need for one dropdown to control two characteristic InfoObjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a dashboard built in WAD that contains several charts. There are several data providers and I have created a few simple dropdowns to apply filters. Here lies my problem:

For one specific characteristic, "business unit", in one data provider the InfoObject is "0material_zgbu"(nav attribute of 0material). In another data provider, the InfoObject is "0prft_ctr_zgbu" (nav attribute of 0prft_ctr).

What is the best way to make the dropdown selection apply a filter to both characteristics? Can I force a dropdown to control two characteristics?

Should I create a hidden dropdown to control the 2nd and somehow pass the selected value to it using code?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rodney

(fyi.... I am using version 2004s)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

If you can send your email address i can send you a document regarding capturing the drop down box value in a variable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That would be great......

rodney_nijoka@albemarle.com

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you feel both Drop Down Boxes will have Same values... then you can display only one Drop Down Box. Once you select any Value, you can trigger a command which will display values for both Data Providers.

Let me know if you need any further explanation.

Note: this will work only if both Drop Down Boxes has same Charecterstics Values.

Nagesh Ganisetti.

• Assign points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagesh,

I understand that I do not need a 2nd dropdown box as I should just be able to set a filter value on the 2nd data provider. What I am not sure about is how to get the selected value in the dropdown in a variable of some sort so that I can trigger the command that you mention.

Thanks

Rodney

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rodney,

If it was the same IOBJ then matters would have been simple - you could however write some javascript to fetch the values within the dropdown and then pass that as a filter to the other infoobject using the command editor.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would anyone have any samples of code that I could use to "grab" the selected values and pass them to the 2nd dropdown?

I am pretty familiar with Javascript but not familiar with the object model for the WAD object model.

Thanks