cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAD graphic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

Which is best way to select which key figure display in a wad graphic?

I've a query with several key figures, i'd like to display a table with all kf and a graphic with only one kf, and i'd like to use filters on table to change table and graphic.

thanks to all

Michele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can do this by creating two separate queries in BEx, one with all the KF say Q1 and other with only one KF say Q2.

Associate Web element table with Q1 and create chart by using Q2.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

-Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok

but in this way i've some problem: I'd like to apply filters on table and modify even the graph.

br

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

try using a view of the query which contains only one keyfigure and use this as the datasource four your graphic.

with regards

ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok

but how can i create a view of the query with only one kf?

I'm able to drill-up or drill-down caracteristics but i don't know how to hide kf.

Michele

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

currently i am not before the system. but i think we can do this in change (local) option of Bex analyser

and one more way is why dot you use a filetr webitem for filltering both queries simultaniously.

with regards

ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've done a view with only one kf but even views uses different dataprovviders like queries so I can't use the same filter.

Even filter webitem is linked to a single dataprovider, so I don't know what to do.

Michele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michele,

In the WAD, you can link each of your web items to a specific Data provider, which can be a query or a query view. For instance, you may have a table displaying the result of a query (Data Provider 1), and you can define a chart linked to a different DP, say 2, (which can be a view).

In the WAD, you can set up dependencies between Data Providers (in the properties tab of the web item): modifying DP1 for instance would dynamically change DP2 (example: filtering a characteristic).

Hope this helps.

LauQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LauQ

Thank you for your answer,

I'm tring to use 2 dataproviders, but when I define a link between dataproviders, in query I can't apply filters dinanmically (in context menu there isn't: select filter) way this?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

In the properties of your web item you have to select the list of "Affected Data Providers".

For instance, if you filter a characteristic on DP1 you want to modify the results of DP2 accordingly. To do so, define DP2 as the affected DP of DP1 in the properties tab of the web item (table, chart, or whatever...).

Hope this helps!

LauQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK i'm doing that, but when i define DP2 as the affected DP of DP1 and execute the report, the context menu filter disappear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not understand!

You always have the filter entries in the context menu!

Could you clarify this point?

LauQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your time

my problem is:

whitout any link between dataproviders my context menù is:

-

-

Back

Back to start

select filter value

Remove filter

Drill

-

-

when I set that DP1 affects DP2 my context menù becames:

-

-

Back

Back to start

Drill

-

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's your BW version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

BW 3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could check into the Web item tab --> (Entries in context menu) to see if they are set correctly.

You could also attach in your reply to this message the HTML code of your web template...

LauQ

Answers (0)