cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS 2010 Ultimate and Crystal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

When i attempt to install Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 i receive about 10 messages saying dlls are missing. My install exe is called CRforVS_13_0_4.exe. I spoke with a support rep but he was unable to help. My current OS is XP Professional.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What dlls is asking about?

What's the case number?

What OS?

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to this site and have no clue what case number you're referring to. I mentioned earlier the OS is XP Pro. It's about a problem we are having with installing the standalone version of CR onto my local machine.

Did I answer you questions?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your original post you say:

I spoke with a support rep...

In order to speak to a support rep, you had to have a case / incident number(?).

And, I think you missed my other question :

What dlls is asking about?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The rep never gave me a case number. Simply stated he had never heard of the problem and sent me a link to these forums. I'll run the install again and write the dll names down.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm - that is weird as normally it is not possible to get to a technical support rep without a case number...

Once I see the dll names, I'll see what we can do.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd like you to do the following:

Hit <Ignore> for all of the files.

Download the Depends utility.

Open any one of the dlls in Depends

Depends will give you a report as to what dependencies may be missing or unavailable.

Umm - I'm assuming the install is being done with local Admin tights(?).

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool! I hit ignore earlier during the install. Yes, I have local admin rights. I will run the depends.exe now!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I opened crlov.dll. Are there two the missing dependencies? I've never used this program before.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Earlie

Apparently not having enough coffee yesterday, I sent you on a wild goose chase. This morning I looked at the error one more time and here is a KB that will help:

1534393 - "Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\..\dtsagent.dll failed to registe...

I understand that the issue documented is for an MSI runtime install, but the solution will work with your CRVS2010 install also. (the note in the KB re SP 1 is only partially correct)

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

No worries whatsoever.

When I click the link this message appears:

"Your authorization is not sufficient to get this note."

Weird?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found this one using Google and it appears to have been published by you:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Deploying+Crystal+Reports+for+Visual+Studio+2010+Runtime

Is this what you were trying to give me earlier?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not quite. Apologies for that authorization message - I'll have to take a look as to the why. Below, is a copy of the KB:

Symptom

• Deploying the Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 runtime, CRRuntime_32bit_13_0.msi. 
  • Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dtsagent.dll failed to register. HRESULT -1073741819. Contact your support personnel. 
  • Other Crystal Reports dll's that may fail to register are: 
    • commonobjectmodel.dll 
    • ReportPromptEMF.dll 
    • ReportSourceBridge.dll

Environment

• Visual Studio 2010 
  • Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010, RTM

Cause 

• An incorrect version of cryptocme2.dll is being picked up by the Crystal Reports installer. 
  • A system environment path is pointing to c:\program files\CA\Shared Components\Etpki\lib\cryptocme2.dll 
  • Crystal Reports is not able to use this dll.

Resolution

1. Search your system for all instances of cryptocme2.dll. 
  2. Rename cryptocme2.dll files you find to something like *.org 
    1. Do NOT rename the cryptocme2.dll files you find the in the subdirectories of C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects
  3. Install the Crystal Reports runtime (CRRuntime_32bit_13_0.msi). 
  4. Rename cryptocme2.org files back to cryptocme2.dll.

The system environment variable “R_SHLIB_LD_LIBRARY_PATH” can not be overwritten and thus steps above must be applied.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

No worries! You've been a great help!! Should I just install the SP and forgo renaming files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SP1, 2, 3, 4 did not fix this problem. If it does work for you please let us know. I have a ticket open with SAP on this exact problem. So far they've only repeated what's in the KB and said they have rejected requests to fix this. We have a conference call with our account manager tomorrow.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, following the following steps did not resolve the issue(?):

Search your system for all instances of cryptocme2.dll. 
Rename cryptocme2.dll files you find to something like *.org  
Do NOT rename the cryptocme2.dll files you find the in the subdirectories of C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects
Install the Crystal Reports runtime (CRRuntime_32bit_13_0.msi). 
Rename cryptocme2.org files back to cryptocme2.dll.

And there is no system path such as: “R_SHLIB_LD_LIBRARY_PATH”

or equivalent to the cryptocme2.dll?

Have you checked where the cryptocme2.dll is loading from when you get the error?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The manual fix works until you rename the dll back. The only fix is to remove r_shlib_ld_library_path and the path environment variables that reference the other software's version of cryptocme2.dll. This is fine to do on my workstation but when we distribute the crystal run-time and it fails on 3000 workstations because they have Dameware or CA then this workaround is not a solution.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is it's not CR's issue.... Other third party applications are not following the Microsoft Windows Certification Guide Lines and putting those dll's into the \windows\system32 folder or adding their path to the PATH statement is one of the problems. Their version should be loaded in their memory space which we now does with SP1 but the error is still generated because if Windows has a dll loaded in shared memory space any other app will use it thus causing CR to fail because we can't load ours because its already in memory.

I understand you feel caught between a rock and a hard place, but the Microsoft Windows Certification Guide Lines are there for a reason. Perhaps CA can explain their reasoning for apparently ignoring these guidlines(?).

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

lol

Answers (0)