cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility formula for label based menu and toggle button

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use a label based menu and toggle button on the same page, and I am having difficulties getting the system to work. The toggle button is overriding the label based menu, and therefor inserting the toggle value in the menu key. Is there a solution to ahve toggle button and label based menu, working on the same page? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

What you're going to want to do in this situation is to have three separate cells:

Cell 1: This is the destination area for your Label Based Menu

Cell 2: This is the destination are for your Toggle Button

Cell 3: Dynamic visibility for the component(s) that you're trying to set

Now I'm assuming that you can either have a selection on your label based menu OR on your toggle button, but that the user can't do both (although this likelihood can also be accomodated for). What you will want to do is write logic in Cell 3 amounting to the following:

If (Cell 2 = 0, Cell 1, Cell 2)

This effectively states that if your toggle button is turned on, then use that value for dynamic visibility and if it is turned off, then use the label based menu. The drawback to this is that your toggle button will always be able to override the selection in your label based menu.

Depending on your requirements, we can definitely fix this. Let me know whether or not this solution will work, and if not we can work on something that will.

Thanks,

Brian

PS: If your requirement is to have two selectors that are completely unrelated, simply use a different destination cell for each.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

Your rock, thanks for the fast reply. That did work for the 2 elements. I will be incoporating 3 label based menus and 1 toggle botton, depending on which page you select. How can i get the dynamic visbility to work with the 4 elements? What is the formula to select which ever label based menu or toggle button that has a value in it? Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

I reread my response below and wanted to add some more detail. Here is what I am trying to create:

1. On the dashboard front page, I would like the label based menu(lets call it front page label menu) and toggle button.

2. When you click on the toggle button, it takes you to another page of elements with a different label based menu(Page 2 label based menu).

3. Now the page 2 label based menu will have an option to return to the dashboard front page.

4. So I need the navigation to work, when you click on the toggle button from page 1 that it will go to page 2, as well as from page 2 label based menu back to the page 1 front page.

This is basically,

Page 1: Label based menu and toggle button

Page 2: Label based menu

Let me know if you have any ideas on how I can get the navigation to work between these pages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

For this I would do the following:

Dynamic Visibility for Page selection: A1

Dynamic Visibility for components: A2

Page 1 Toggle Button:

Destination Cell A1

On: 1

Off: 1

Page 1 Label Based Menu:

Destination Cell A2

Values: 2 to n

Ex: 2-6

Page 2 Label Based Menu:

Destination Cell A2

Values: n+1 to nx

Ex: 7-10

Page 2 Toggle Button (to return to main menu):

Destination Cell A1

On: 2

Off: 2

This setup should work for the model that you're thinking. Essentially you're using the Toggle Button Components to control which elements are visible (ie. which page you're on) and you're using the Label Based Menu components to sort through details within both of those pages.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, I am very close. I have 1 problem now. The second label based menu for page 2, is superceding the label based menu for Page 1. The default value for LBM Pg 2 is always coming up first. I moved my objects in the browser, up and down and did not fix. Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup.

Label Based Menu 1: B1

Label Based Menu 2: B2

A2:

If(A1 = 1, B1, B2)

That should fix your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

As I get deeper into the dashboard it is getting more and mroe complicated. But I am very happy with the progress.

You stated in a previous thread that "Now I'm assuming that you can either have a selection on your label based menu OR on your toggle button, but that the user can't do both (although this likelihood can also be accomodated for).

Now I need a toggle button and Label based menu to work together on the same page. How do I account for both?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Joseph,

It is possible to do with some more complicated IF statements. I'm curious as to the reason for this though, you should be able to leverage components to achieve this type of functionality without having to resort to complex logic.

What is your scenario?

Thanks,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating a dashboard with 3 levels of metrics. Lets say the top level has 4 strategic imperatives, the second level has 5 KPI's for each strategic imperative(SI), and the 3rd level has 5 metrics for each KPI.

The front page, shows the highest level SI. Then from the top NAV bar you can navigate down to the 2nd level KPI's that support each SI, now from the 2nd level I need to drill down on each KPI to get to the 5 metrics that support the KPI's. Does that make sense? I was going to put a toggle button on each KPI to get to the metric page. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Joseph,

With something like that, I would create a mapping layout on a sheet of paper, and give every set of objects a 'Page #'. So for example your first screen would be 1, the drill down would be 2. Now, for each of your metrics, have them insert from 1-5. Your dynamic visibility can be controlled by a concatenated variable.

So:

10 = first page default visibility

11 = 1st selection from 1st page

12 = 2nd selection from 1st page

20 = second page default visibility

21 = Metric 1 screen from 2nd page

22 = Metric 2 screen from 2nd page

Then you simply link whichever components are relevant to the particular number.

I hope that helps/makes sense!

Thanks,

Brian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

You are the man. The fix worked like a charm. Thanks for all your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like additional information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

I will have to get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks,

Brian