cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Keyfigures and Result Row

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - We have implemented Virtual keyfigures for below calculation.

If Expected Delivery date on a purchase order is less than system date then Virtual kf1 = 1

Virtaul KF2 = System date - Expected Delivery Date.

This is for Delivery performance metrics.

The problem I am having is when the report is summarized to a material/plant or vendor level the result row sum is displayed wrong. If I bring in more char at the lowest level ie purchase doc no and item..then the count for virtual keyfigures is correct. Did anyone face this issue...how does virtual kfs behave with result rows.

Also when we have virtual keyfigures in a cube...can the query utilize Cache.

Thanks for your replies.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey. I'm going to be quoting this from memory, so you may have to play with it a bit. But you can create a new formula variable of type replacement path and base it on reference characteristic of calendar day. then in the replacement path rule, you could select variable. I believe there is a standard SAP exit variable for current calendar day (or you could make your own I guess). So now you have a formula varibale which returns the current date. Then do the same for expected delivery date but on the replacement path rule, specify InfoObject and then chose which one you want. Now you have formula variables for both dates and can you them in formulas.

Hope this works for you.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

with virtual kf you have to have all detail data available either in cols or rows orat least as free characteristic.

HTH,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey. Is expected delivery date in the provider this query is on? If so, I would actually look at changing over to using formula variables at the query level instead of virtual objects.

So have a formula variable off expected delivery date and then another formula varibale for SAP exit current calendar day. Now you can do both KFs with simple query level formulas.

I know this does not directly answer your question, but I am guessing you won't hit these small issues when just using a typical query formula. I am also somewhat against the use of virtual objects and try to find a workaround whenever possible.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello siboda - Thanks a lot for replying.

I tried that as well with formulae variables and writing a Customer Exit. I couldn't find a SAP infoobject, can you pls tell the technical name of it.

thanks,

Jyothirmai.