cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vienna Project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the content of the Vienna project?

I think it it must be the Enterprise Service Architectur. Is this right?

Best regards,

Patrick Höfer

http://www.netweaver-forum.de

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Vienna is a SAP-internal strategic research and development project.

SAP has to make a shift from its old architecture, which was tightly integrated and data-centric, to a more modular one that is service oriented. This is a big shift to Enterprise Services Architecture - ESA. Vienna is a development project ? within the Application Platform & Architecture group ? for reinventing SAP?s solutions around Enterprise Services Architecture.

SAP will leverage prior investments in SAP solutions and not replace them.

Vienna does not represent an external revolution. It is a revolution for SAP internally, not for our customers. It is an evolutionary improvement for SAP in terms of convenience, flexibility, and speed.

Vienna will deliver reusable parts for all SAP solutions, architectural guidelines for turning enterprise services architecture into a reality, and a platform strategy for applications over time. In other words, Vienna is the front-runner for our Enterprise Services Architecture and application platform strategy, which, when it matures, will enable SAP to deliver new solutions faster to the market.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karin,

is it ok when i translate this to German and put it on my Website?

It is a german SAP-NetWeaver Community site : http://www.NetWeaver-Forum.de

Best Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

We have taken a look at your Community Site. What you of course could do is to mirror your Vienna knowledge with your own words We would kindly like to ask you not to spread this information on behalf of SAP. We are still working on a "target group oriented wording" regarding this topic. We will then make it available to you and your community.

Thanks very much for your understanding!

Best regards,

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karin,

i wait for for the "target groupt oriented wording" for start a new Topic in the community. Thank you in forcast for make it aviable to me.

Best Regards,

Patrick

Edit Test

Message was edited by: Patrick Höfer