cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Control configuration problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a fresh new BO4 install 4.2 SP 2. I am facing an issue when trying to use Subversion. When I login into the CMC and click Version Management, I am getting the following error:

Sorry, Promotion management application is unable to process your request.
The error from the server is: com.businessobjects.vms.VMSException: com.businessobjects.vms.VMSException: com.businessobjects.vms.VMSException: java.io.IOException: Could not start '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Subversion\bin\svn" checkout svn://localhost:3690/svn_repository C:/Check_out/\REA-APP-BO4.rea.cec.eu.int\WORKSPACE -N --username lcm --password ***' in current working directory 'D:\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64'. Details: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

I have specified the SVN properties in the CMC , under Version Control. I have checked that paths are correct and saved. The test never finishes, so I am not sure BO is accepting my input.
LCMSubversion service is up and running.

The strange thing is that the SVN properties show a D drive path and the error complains about not finding C:\ folders. Am I missing another configuration point?

Has anyone configured the default SVN in BO that can guide me?

Many thanks,

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor

Sergio,

The problem is that default install path is too deep, you need to go CMC - Applications - VM and move location of existing folders.

Create Folder on c:\VM\.. See image below and then test VM

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay,

I have changed to folders to be on a simpler drive. To do that I had to mofifu the svnsubversion windows service to read from the simpler folder.

Then I've restarted the APD server.

Now the error I am getting is

Sorry, Promotion management application is unable to process your request.

The error from the server is: com.businessobjects.vms.VMSException: com.businessobjects.vms.VMSException: com.businessobjects.vms.VMSException: svn: No repository found in 'svn://localhost:3690/svn_repository'

Any ideas?

Regards,

Sergio

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this KB.

1543777 - Version Management Error svn: No repository found in 'svn://localhost:3690/svn_repository

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sergio,

Looks like the default svn_repository is also too deep &/or corrupt.

...\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\LCM_repository\svn_repository

You can validate the existing setting for BI 4.2

Services - LCMSubvsersion - Properties (see below)

• STOP LCMSubversion Service
  • You can copy the existing SVN_Repository folder to shorter path
  • Update &/or re-create the Subversion repo, see KB NOTE #1377057

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1377057

• Once path has been updated START LCMSubversion Service
  • Validate VM is working CMC - Application - Version Manager Settings
    • TEST VMS (see above screen-shot)

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

After some configuration and try and error I've found that the spaces in the folder path are not handled very well, so your solution of simplyfying the path actually helps.

After following the note you mentioned and a few others linked to that one, I have created a second svn repository. Then modified the windows service to launch the new repo (it can be done using the regedit directly with the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SVNSubversion).

After that modified the porperties of the Version Managamenet application... and here comes the trick. For some reason, probably down to some error in my process, the configuration that worked for me in the CMC was to leave the repository name blank.

The service path that worked for me was:

D:\LCM_repository\svnserve.exe --service  --listen-port 3690 -r D:\LCM_repository\svn_repository --log-file svnserve.log

And the CMC config:

Server Name

localhost

Server Port

User name

LCM

Password

Install Path

D:/LCM_repository

Repository Name

Workspace Directory

D:/LCM_repository/CheckOut
CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sergio,

Good to see the solution helped you solve your issue.  I am working with SAP BI Product team to change recommendation of shorter install path when they update the Sizing guide.

Regards,

Ajay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member753535
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I tried all the options mentioend here but still no luck

former_member753535
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I tried all the options mentioend here but still no luck