Did you mean: 

Variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Experts,

i just want to crate a variable like the following example:

i have calday

I want to have the chance to select the days (calday) with the variable

like: Monday and Sunday .... ist this possible?

Thanks a lot

Santra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santra,

If you create a variable for Bex, during query execution you would get a pop-up. Now when you click on the selection button or press F4 for 0calday it shows up the calendar with the dates and also displays a tool tip displaying the week day.

Hope this helps.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Dinesh,

thanks for the answer. But that is not the thing a want to do. I wont to create a varible which shows in the report for one month all monday or all sundays, so the user should not always need to know which date is an monday and i don´t know how to create a varibale which ist possible to select just monday and the report show´s the result with all mondays in the selected time area.

Sorry i hope puy can undersand that.

Santra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santra,

well, there are some function out there. Please check 'WEEKDAY_GET', it returns the values assigned to the days. Additionally check 'DATE_COMPUTE_DAY', it returns a value that is assigned to a day. E.g. if you run 'DATE_COMPUTE_DAY' for today, you will receive a '1'. If you check this with 'WEEKDAY_GET' you will see that '1' is assigned to Monday. Knowing this, you can create a variable for calday, that you populate with all mondays (the dates itself) for a given time range (e. g. a calmonth or a calyear) looping from the lowest to the highest date. Hope this helps!

regards

Siggi

PS: you need to populate the variable in the user-exit with i_step = '2' (after user entry of the month or year).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. Sounds very very good. I am sure this ist the solution.

Santra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santra,

When a variable is created for 0Calday and you try to select a value it would display the week day ie Monday, Tuesday in the tool tip. Check if that solves your purpose.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry but i did not understand the answer.

Santra