cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I create a variable if it is a Nav attribute? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This would be the same as for a variable for chars. In the query designer left hand side, find your nav attr and then under than you can right click and start to create a new variable.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I couldn't find where to create a variable for Nav Attribute.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

I know how to create variable for a regular Characteristic. I couldn't see any difference between Nav Attributes and Display Attributes. They all listed under the Parent Charactersitic. BI looks different than BW 3.0.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please turn on the technical names and then look for the nav attr. They will appear as chars in the same dim as the parent char, but in the technical name you can see something like 0MATERIAL__NavAttr.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if i understood the question -

From the visibility standpoint you cannot identify between navigational attribute and other ,the only way in query to identity is through technical names,turn onn the technical names on Query.

If you see infoobject as 0coorder_ABC then infoobject ABC is the nav attribute of 0coorder.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

In old version, it displays like what you said. Nav. Attributes can be determined by technical names.

But in BI 7.0, I saw each InfoObject has three folders under which are Attributes,

Characteristic Value Variables and Characteristic Value. I did turn on the technical name, and Nav Attributes and Display Attributes are all listed under that InfoObjects - Attributes folder. There is no difference between them. And I still unable to create variables for Nav. Variables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It displays even in the new bex - NW2004s .

am not sure where exactly you are looking @.

If you are in the change mode of the query>goto Dimensions tab>and the infoobject which you know its NAV attribute.

it shows as 0COORDER_ABC

where ABC is NAV attribute

FEP SP-12 is available you may also want to download the same

service.sap.com/swdc>Support Packages and Patches>entry by appln group>" SAP Frontend Components" SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS" SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 6.40>win32-->Bw700SP12_1200-10001615.exe

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did find one displayed as Nav. Attributes. All others are not. Did I forget to do anything in the cube? I checked the cube, and I can see a list of Nav. Attributes but only found one in the query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you see that its there in the cube in the NAV attribute section as turned ONN check box,then in theory you should be able to see it.

Also worth logging out back and forth ..

Try creating a NEW query to check for the navatrributes and see the pattern for the anomalies..

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's good point. I did see only one Nav Attribute has been checked for that "On/Off" box. What I have to do is after the changes, I have to log out completed to see the new changes. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome ..Bro ..

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos