cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variable personalization error stops further processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having problem with variable personalization, we are on BI 7.0 SP 12 with latest frontend GUI.

The steps followed are :

1. execute a query in BEx analyzer

2. In the variable screen, try to personalize by clicking personalization button on the top right corner.

3. move fields from left ( available variables ) to right ( personalized variables )

4. Select some value for field from availble values

5. Also select the check box to show the variables ( bottom left corner) with personalization

6. Click on 'ok'.

After this if I try to execute the query I get error 'the value selected for variable is not correct', and if I click on 'personalize' to change/delete personalization, I get same error and basically I am struck there, neither can run the query nor can change the personalization, happening only with BI 7.0 GUI, happens on 2 machines that we installed new GUI .

I have searched the forum but could not see anything like my problem. Please let me know if anybody has faced the same and found solution.

Thanks,

BW_US

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

have you installed lastest patch for BI front end ?

/people/community.user/blog/2007/06/27/using-the-bi-7x-add-on-for-sap-gui-710--requirements

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, We are having SAP GUI 710, SAP Netwaever Support package stack (SPS) 12.

Even then the same issue. The issue is because I am thinking, the new personalization works in such a way that, the personalized variables are no longer seen on the variable screen. So, first if I got error for the personalized field, and the next time I run the query and dialog box appears, the personalized field will not be shown. But it should at least let me go to 'personalization' screen and then be able to change the data for that field.

Anybody faced the same ?