cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable input help in web analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to restrict the values of the variable input based on a navigational attribute of the object in characteristic restrictions.

When I do that, it works correctly in web analyzer, but does not restrict the value help when I put the analysis tab in web application (there are 2 reports in the application, both with exact same variable selection, and restriction on nav attribute in characteristic restrictions section.)

The value restriction for input help works in as required in filter panel of the web application.

The other complication is that the characteristic I am using is referring to another infoobject:

Object: Plan (referring to marketing element)

Nav attribute: Object type, restricted by "Agreement"

Before you ask, yes, MELT_VARIABLES is active.

I also tried to restrict the value help by navigating to the data element's search help section. I changed the default value of the navigational attribute to "agreement". Didn't work for me, I might have missed something there... Don't know...

Appreciate any help,

Thanks,

Lale

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this note gives answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) with regard to using the input help for characteristics in SAP NetWeaver BI. This includes the input helps in the BI BEx Java Web as well as the input helps in the BI BEx Tools.

FAQ: Input helps in Netweaver BI

SAP Note Number: [1080863|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_bex/~form/handler%7b5f4150503d3030323030363832353030303030303031393732265f4556454e543d444953504c4159265f4e4e554d3d31303830383633%7d]

Why do the settings for the input help from the BEx Query Designer and from the InfoProvider-specific characteristic settings not take effect on the variable screen?

On the variable screen, you use input helps for selecting characteristic values for variables that are based on characteristics. Since variables from different queries and from potentially different InfoProviders can be merged on the variable screen, you cannot clearly determine which settings should be used from the different queries or InfoProviders. For this reason, you can use only the settings on the variable screen that were made in InfoObject maintenance.

Regards

Andreas