jiri_medved
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a cube containing three key figures:

- amount

- quantity

- number of clients

I have defined a set of restricted key figures (actuals, plan, budget...) based on key figure "amount") and use it within couple of reports. Now I would like to extend the query with a variable that should allow the user selecting among amount, quantity or number of clients. Ie. the user should be able to switch the same reports and charts in amount, quantity and number of clients easily.

Can this be achieved somehow? I could not find anywhere how to define a variable for key figure. Or any other workaround beside to triple all the restricted key figures and all the reports?

Regards

Jiri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with creating Formula variable and make it dynamic. (Referring anshu's post)

Use Hide (can be shown ) option for KF.

- rvc

jiri_medved
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

hiding and unhiding KFs I can fit them on the same report but I still have to create always three sets of all the key figures - one for amount, one for queantity and one for number of clients. Currently I have about 15 calculated and restricted KF - tripling would mean having 45. This becomes very error prone and difficult to maintain.

In my web report I have a dropdown that that switches 5 different subsets of those 15 KFs using filter.Tripling all the key figures the user would have to select instead of 5 from 3x5=15 subsets that becomes very confusing.

Anshu's document shows how to restrict one key variable by a value entered at runtime. But what I would like to achieve is selecting one of three different base (in cube) KF at the runtime.

Jiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiri,

Did you try using Jump Reporting (RSBBS tcode) scenario? In this for the same set of characteristics you can get output for the 3 keyfigures. The only hardwork is you have to create 3 reports(each for amount, quantity, no. of clients) with single keyfigure in each of them.

Krishna Vadlapatla

jiri_medved
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

trippling all the reports or key figures is exactly what I want to avoid.

Regards

Jiri

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
jiri_medved
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read this document before. I am afraid that it solves different problem - how to restrict a query based on data values. But in the provided example it is always based on the same base key figure "Sales".

What I would like to achieve is selecting on of three existing key figures.

Regards

Jiri