cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Exit - WEB Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo everybody,

I am new here, just gaining the experience in BW- BPS area.

I am writing my thesis and a part of it is a small BPS rototype.

I have the following problem:

In web interface there are 3 Variables: Customer, Country and Project, all CHAR, drop-down. Aditionally, Customer and Country are attributes of Project.

Country is of Exit type. Function module read all countries for previously selected cutomer from the MD table of Project.

Then, Project is also of type Exit, and function module read all project for selected customer - country combination.

In does what it is supposed to do, but when I change the selection of e.g. customer, the selection list for country stays unchanged. The same is with project.

Example.

MD Table:

project customer country

1_______1________1

2_______1________1

3_______2________1

4_______2________2

Current selection is cust=1, country =1 and project=1. Now, I change the customer to 2, but the selection list for country is still 1 - and it is supposed to change to new country selection containing 2 as well. In this way I cannot change my selection to other projects. Buffering in off.

The other problem is, that when I select customer 3, which is not in MD table of Project (no Project for selected customer) but it is defined as variable value and in MD Table of customer, I get an internal error. Appropriate error message should appear (is in function code), but it is not.

I hope you have some how to overcome these problems.

Thank you in advance

Marcin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marcin,

welcome to the group and good luck with your thesis!

You have to set the property "Update upon Change of" of the depending variables accordingly.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Marc,

but could you tell me where shall I do that?

Sorry for such a question, but I am just a beginner,

and all my knwoledge on user exits base on How To Paper.

Thanks in advance

Marcin

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

the setting has nothing to do with the ABAP coding or the exit. You find the "Update" setting in the web interface configuration (transaction BPS_WB) when you change the variable component.

Regards

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Marc,

I am a little bit cofused, because the variable selector properties was the first thing I checked. But I have no property Update (There are e.g. Planning area, variable, event on selection, source and so on).

I am using BW 3.5.

Regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcin,

USe the property "Event on Selection" for variable in WIB.

Hope this helps.

-NS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimmi,

Thanks for your reply, but I have the property 'event on selection' set to 'true' from the very beginning. I am waiting for the explanation of the 'update' property.

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Bad...

In 3.5 there is a flag at the very bottom, saying "Update on change of".

Look at OSS note 720265

Hope this helps

-NS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to Marc and Nimmi! I have not read OSS Note yet, but after Nimmi's post (BW 3.5 and property update exist) I experimented a little and switsched my property 'old layout design' to no.

And the 'update after change of' appeared. Now all works as degigned.

Best regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, please could you tell me how to find this setting?

i am using bps_wb in version 3.1

i cant get the destination variable to refresh on a new selection in the source. (via exit)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc...can we create a variable on WAD? When we create a variable on query or function, these variable appears as pop up when we execute the WAD. On WAD we have the drop down option (which can be mapped to a characteristic). The values of the drop down is populated form the query. Can we have a variable which is similiar to a dropdown but we can play around with variable types like exits/authorizations.

Answers (0)