cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Exit: Capturing Variable Offset

Former Member
0 Kudos

In creating variables, you can set a variable offset for datea and numbers. No problem there.

However, I have a requirement to have a variable which is not a date or numeric key, but I would like to use variable offsets to make the creation of a rolling 12 period report easier.

I have implemented variable exits in which I calculate the previous period from user input no problem. But I would like to addtionally capture a variable offset so that I can do further calculations w/o having to code for each variable offset.

I have not seen anything in documentation about variable exits on this, but I would think it should be possible.

<u>Example:</u>

Variable w/ User input: Catalog Season

Variable Exit: Reporting Season offset - takes user input from above variable and looks up a sequence # which is part of the data. Takes that sequence number and subtracts whatever the variable offset is specified as and then looks up the corresponding Catalog Season and passes that a the selection.

I already have a previous period lookup (where the user puts in Catalog Season, and I calculate the same period previous year from their input in order to show % changes in period vs. previous period. This works like a champ.

But I would rather pull from a variable offset to make the selection more dynamic. Otherwise I would have to code a variable exit for each of the following:

User Input: 1st Catalog Season

Variable Exit 1: 1st Catalog Season - 1

Variable Exit 2: 1st Catalog Season - 2

Variable Exit 3: 1st Catalog Season - 3

Variable Exit N: 1st Catalog Season - N

It would obviously be easier to set a variable offset and just pull that in one exit.

Thanks,

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I have a similar requirement, Need to know if there is a way to get the offset number dynamically in the customer exit. Instead of writing separate exits for each offset number.

Did you find anything. Please advice. Your help will be appreciated. Or suggest any alternative based on your experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks ,

I also have similar requirement wherein I need to capture the offset value in the customer exit. .

Please let me know if you have a solution.

Thanks

Gautam