cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Entry Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to restrict variable screen for BEX query users.I want users to see only some values for a variable not all of values.

Can you give an example, how to write that code which restricts variable entry screen ?

Regards,

Gul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gul,

Please use the code in the link as example:

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

I followed the link but it is said that create a variable with multiple single entries.At this time user can see insert a row in variable entry screen.But I only want user to see values which I let him.And I should do this without authorization variables.

Because one user should see 'A' ,the other one should see 'B' and the other one 'C'.There are 200 users and 120 values that must be assigned to users.I can not archieve this with role,authorization objects.It would be a mess.

In other words the only thing I want to do is restrict variable entry screen for every user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a Z-table where you list allowed values for each user. The exit will read the table and populate default value accordingly.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok , But as you said code will fill only default value.So user can still see insert row button in variable entry screen.And he can see another value by using insert row button.But I do not want him to see another values except the ones I let him by

using insert row button.

So I do not know how I can archieve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm on 3.5. I don't see insert row button. Where do you see it? And which version?

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

I 'm on 3.5.When I use a variable with multiple single entries ,user can see default variables and insert new row in variable entry screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it's not a problem to allow a user to see a list of all values in F4. The main task is to not allow a user to see data related to this additional selected values in queries.

To do that your exit may compare all values chosen by a user with values allowed to him (Z-table) and exclude forbidden values from selection (in STEP=3).

Best regards,

Eugene