cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value of the variable FISCYEAR to compare it with a fix date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using a hierarchy in my query. But in some case I have to multipliy the value in one column depending wich year is shown. So I tried to use a formular variable. But it doesn't work. Has somebody an idea what to do?

How can I extract the value of the variable FISCYEAR to compare it with a fix date?

Problem:

........................| Year 1 (2005) | Year 2 (2006) | Year 3 (2007)

-

hierarchy row 1 | query result 11 | query result 12 | query result 13

-

hierarchy row 2 | query result 21 | query result 22 | query result 23

-

hierarchy row 3 | query result 31 | query result 32 | query result 33 => row is hidden

-

formular row 4 | IF Year == 2005 | IF Year == 2005 | IF Year == 2005

THEN | THEN | THEN

query result 31 *10 | query result 32 *10 | query result 33 *10

ELSE |ELSE | ELSE

query result 31 | query result 32 | query result 33

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The If Statement is no problem.

I need the value of the variable FISCYEAR. So the value of the variable is the If-Statement. I tried to use a formula variable but don't get correct values. With BW 2004 I used the text and compared it with the string "2005". BW 2004s gives me the error message the if using the text, the value of the variable depends on the language which is not supported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't you use the (SAP) variable Current year? and compare it with the characteristic that you use to restrict the key figures? (and work with ZYEAR > 0Currentyear)

Ciao

Joke

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how can I include the variable current year in a structure formular. There I can only chose formulare variable which do not deliver a useable value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the year of the IF-statement a variable? or is it the current date, or...

do you know how to create a IF-statement in a formula? or is that also unclear?

ciao

Joke