Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation on BC objects

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to validate the BC set while doing fine tuning process.Here is my scenario.

1.I have a BCO for Number Range and added BC set.When a new row is created for the BC set during the fine tuning which is a subset of the already existing row then an error message should pop up and save has to be avoided.How to find the Business Object corresponding to the Custom BOs to write our own logic in the validation on SAVE.

2.I have created another BCO for Maintaining Involved Parties.Here Like the standard Involved Parties BCO I need to maintain determinations.

How could I achieve this with my already existing Custom BCO for Involved Parties.

Please share your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Navin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any ideas on the above thread.

Regards,

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afaik it's not possible to write any logic for BCOs.

Sorry!

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for letting me know this.In such cases how to handle these kind of validations.Any work arounds?

Regards,

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need custom logic, I recommend you to go with a Business Object instead (+ its UIs). You could define a separate custom "Configuration" Work Center...

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

I too had the same idea of placing a Custom Work Center for Configurations.But before that I thought of checking the feasibility.

I had one more question in the above thread.How to Maintain Determinations for the Involved Parties.Do you have an idea on this.

Regards

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

I recommend you to open a new discussion with very detailed explanation about the requirement you'd like to develop. It would make our life easier when helping you out. 🙂

Thanks.

Fernando

sunil1101
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

As Fernando suggest if you want to right logic you can go with custom BO approach, only the thing this will not be available as a fine tuning option but it can be used by business user any time.

Regards

Sunil

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your inputs.I will go with the Custom Business Object approach.

Regards,

Navin