cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V3 Updates two

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think I understand somewhat how V3 works now, so if I am wrong tell me. All data that is new or updated is stored in the correct table and an update table. A V3 is scheduled to run(every so often) and takes the updated info and puts it in a queue(I am assuming another table). A delta request is then made by BW to transfer into BW. If I am wrong please tell me, but another question I have is.. What happens if things are updated while the V3 collective run is running. I am assuming that the update tables are locked.

Thank you again

Message was edited by: Linda Bortolus (to mark topic as a question)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Secondly how come I can't give you credit Roberto?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

when you post a new topic, let the default option 'Mark this topic as a question' checked...in this way you can reward the answers !

Otherwise you cannot say 'my question is answered!' if you didn't consider your post as a question...

All the best !

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I edited your original post to indicate that this was a question. Then, I awarded some points on your behalf, but feel free to increase them by clicking on the yellow stars!

Cheers!

Linda (and Mark Finnern)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Can you tell from where update tables stores data and how can view update tables data (Tcode) and from update table it will go to Detla queue, if I am right.hope you help me.kindly mail me to vijaymohan.v@gmail.com any information regarding all these.

regards,

vijaymohan IBM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

you description is perfect (if you are talkin about serialized V3 update!).

About possible lock...

Some lock certainly occurs: if you read OSS Note 409239 'Automatically trigger BW loads upon end of V3 updates' you will discover that SAP provided a custom pgm in which you can identify a running V3 load via the lock entry monitor (transaction SM12) in the R/3 (OLTP) system, as follows:

1. Execute transaction SM12

2. Enter client information, and the respective function module for checking (e.g. MCEX_UPDATE_13, MCEX_UPDATE_40,...) under "Lock argument'. (You can always look up the names of the function modules for your specific applications via transaction SM13). Leave the fields "Table name" and "User name" blank.

3. Execute.

4. If the V3 update is running, there will be lock entries found. Viceversa, if no lock entries are found, the V3 update should not be running (anymore).

Hope it helps !

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is great. You really know your stuff Roberto.!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

So are my understandings right?