Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL Password Expiry

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When a user who's password has expired on the R/3 side goes into the UWL and tries to open an expense they are prompted with a window to change their R/3 password. There are the fields to change the password (current password and new password) along with two buttons ... one to delete the password and I can't remember what the other is). In either case we do not want to see this password screen come up. Has anyone been able to suppress this screen?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to set a parameter in your backend system.

Using RZ10 (or RZ11) add the following to your default profile.

login/password_change_for_SSO 0

That should suppress any password prompts in a SSO landscape from your portal / UWL.

Hope it helps

Haydn

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

This sounds very promising however when I added the parameter login/password_change_for_SSO it said that the 0 is an invalid value for that parameter.

It doesn't complain when I put in 1 but I'm not sure if its correct. I can't really test a lot because these changes require an application server restart and we do have users working in the system.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - this is a common occurance and you can ignore the warning message.

Don't worry - 0 is a valid value and will work fine.

Unfortunately it will require a restart as you pointed out to make the setting active.

Haydn

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

Alright, sounds good.

I did an F1 on the parameter and did see the list of valid options, 0 being one of them.

Our basis team will be restarting the server over the weekend so I'll have to wait till Monday to see if this change has worked.

Thanks for your help

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem solved

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

I have found more information however still don't have an answer.

The logon screen I'm getting can be configured via SICF --> sap --> bc --> its --> webgui

From there if I selected the "Error Pages" tab and scroll to the bottom I have a radio button selected called "System Logon" with a configuration button beside it. Its in here that I can customize the logon screen I'm getting.

I hope that helps someone understand which logon screen I'm getting. Now the exact message that is displayed on this screen is "This is an initial password that must be changed". It comes with 4 fields.

1. Username

2. Current password

3. New password

4. Repeat password

followed by two buttons.

1. Change

2. Delete Password

Does anyone know how to suppress this screen? Why don't I get this screen with only one of my tasks in UWL?

Any help is greatly appreciated and I will reward points.

thx