cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL and Launch task

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello guys,

we have plugged an UWL iview into the SAP EP 6 sp19.

a workflow is created on the backend. when we use the SBWP trasaction and run the WF task, a trasation is run in order to create a new material on the backend ...

whlie in the UWL the same task is not working .... a page is started when we click on Launch SAP task but this page prompt you to wait .... and never give back a result !!!!!

when a task works correctly into the SBWP ... do we hav to customize something on the portal side to make the same action working correctly ?

if yes could you drive me please, in order to make the "launch SAP task" button working correctly ?

best regards,

OlivieR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello thank youaagain for your reply,

the only thing we have done is to create (and registered) a system and bound it to the uwl iview trough the "system configuration group" properties.

you drive me to the :

Sys Admin—Sys config>UWL and WorkFlow->Click to Configure Item Types and Customize Views Using a Wizard

but unfortunatly this link is not present into the portal administration ...

could tell me why ?

fyi: EP6 sp19

best regards,

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Please send the screen shot of ur screen (where i navigated u ) to my mail id.

I will be able to guide u well then.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

I have seen the screen.

Follow this path.

Sys Admin->Sys Config->UWL & Workflow.

Here click UWL Admin instead of UWL.

Ther i hope u will see the wizard option.

Revert back with issues and in case u still not find the wizard option on next page send the scren shot again.

I am sorry for the inconvinience caused as i am not having ne EP6 here.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have seen ur last post with screen shot 5.

Actually the screen 5 itself contains that wizard.

You will see four radio buttons in the bottom of the screen. This is the referred wizard.

Being EP6 the options are somewhat different.

You have to check all these four options.

After choosing right option and clicking the start button you will see similar options as i explained in my earlier reply.

I hope you will now be bale to solve it.

I am always there for help (if i am capable of ) .

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i had already checked the 4 possibilities before ... if you read my previous email, you'll see that i have already uploaded a new xml (see my attachment) file to configure the UWL ! but unfortunatly, nthing has changed and there are still no change in the behaviour of the UWL ! no SAP trasaction attched to the button "task" !

anyone can help ?

best regards,

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Olivier,

Firstly please send me the UWL which u have uploaded.

I am sorry but i have lost the mail containing the uwl.

And secondly we should make sure that the facility SAP provides in ep7 must be there in EP 6 u r having i.e the config of items using wizards.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok i'll reply to your email with the attachment !

best regards,

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

I saw ur UWL.

It seems to be fine.

As it is not working I have some options in my mind:

1)Make sure this item type is registered with your System Alias.

2)Try modifying the default xml of uwl by pasting ur XMl into it. (This i think will help)

3)I am doubtful about last part of this taskname uwl.task.webflow.TS910000091.DEA001 . Are you sure we have to attach Sys Id with task name?

Regarding no SAP trasaction attched to the button "task" I want to make it clear that there will be no action attached to the TASK button but with the titile of the task in ur inbox.

The transaction should be launched when u click on task title.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Have you modified the Itemtype and added the action Launch SAP task?

If yes then please tell me on what itemtype you have added this task?

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello and thank you for your reply ...

no i didn't configure anything but the the server connexion !

i don't what to do exactly to be honest with this tool ! we thought it was working without any configuration when the Workflow was alredy created and working in the SBWP ...

could you tell me what to do to change the itemType and cretae the action for the "launch SAP Task" button ?

thank you,

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

I hope you have created a R/3 system with portal and registered its item types (which u want to see in UWL).

Now for that item type u want an action onclicking it from the UWL screen.

For that:

1)Go to Sys AdminSys config>UWL and WorkFlow--->Click to Configure Item Types and Customize Views Using a Wizard .

2)Select Define and configure what you want to launch when an item is clicked option and press next.

3)Specify the TaskID and press next.

4)From the drop down here select Launch an SAP application.

5)Here u have to give value to SAPIntegrator porperty i think it will be ur TCODE.

Try using this.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Sumit