Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using WACS for RESTful With Tomcat In Use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry for the cryptic title.

I have a request from a developer to use the RESTful web service. My research has shown that this is only available through a WACS server.

We are currently using tomcat and do not have a WACS server enabled.

My question, would there be issues of creating a WACS server in the CMC just for the purpose of using the RESTful functionality?

I am looking for some assistance to see if this is possible. If anyone has any information on this, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Michael Welch

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can add wacs server with restful via modify install, if restful wasn't originally installed, simply adding WACS in CMC won't enable it.

What issues are you concerned about ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I have the WACS server created with the RESTful web service added to it.

I was just wondering how it would work if Tomcat is in use. Would it interfere with user's ability to log in and execute reports?

I am admittedly not very knowledgeable in this area and am looking at what the impact would be on the system if I enable the server.

Thanks for the quick reply.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will not interfere with user's ability to log in and execute reports.

Users access reports via BILAUNCHPAD which is a webapp running on Tomcat.

WACS is accessed over a different URL.

This of it as having 2 different tomcat servers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis ,

I read, apps like Lumira, Liveoffice utilize the RESTful service?  What other apps utilize it?  Design Studio, WEBI etc?  Is dswsbobje connection incorporating it or is that separate?

Thanks

Kiran.GVL

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL ,

I read, apps like Lumira, Liveoffice utilize the RESTful service?  What other apps utilize it?  Design Studio, WEBI etc?  Is dswsbobje connection incorporating it or is that separate?

Thanks

Kiran.GVL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

you probably need this to get a start for sure :

SAP Business Intelligence Platform RESTful Web Services for Dummies - Introduction - Business Intell...

Regards,

Mahak