Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using two containers to make a mapping.

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have to send a big file via RFC to R3. R3 will add a new value to a field. This value is the same for all the records of this big file.

Instead of sending the file, i think that it'll be faster to send only 1 record of this file, return the value in a container and then assign this value to each row of the big file (is in a second container).

Any idea of how can i do this?

Thanks.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could create a BPM where you hold the big message in the container, map it to the small message, so you have small and big message in container. Send small message to R/3 and receive response. Make multi mapping merging response of small message and big message and send resulting message to the receiver.

Question here: how will be he overall performance? Probably bad...

Second option: use Java Lookup API in mapping. Performance should be significantly better than through BPM. Drawback is configuration.

Best regards

Christine

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

uffff.

How can i make the mapping with two containers into one?

In message mapping (with graphical mapping) i only can use one message type to another message type.

Then, in interface mapping i can select two message interface (abstract ones) to one interface (abstract too) and i can select two mappings.

I don't understant the order that this mappings will be procesed.

thanks.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- in the message mapping you have to go to messages TAB

and specify two messages

this way you'll be able to do 2 to 1 mapping

- complete the mapping

- then you can specify 2 to 1 in message intrface and

when you chooose your mapping program the

new mapping program will appear

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inigo,

you can use two message types to one in graphical mapping. You just have to use a little trick: Go to tab messages in the message mapping and add a second line to the source message. Then you can add a second message type.

Best regards

Christine