cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using pbsoapclient and pbwsclient in the same application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the problem that my application need to access different webservices. For some services, I need to use the PBSoapClient implementation and for others, I need to use the PBWSClient implementation.

However both implementations have a SoapConnection object and there is no distinction between the two. So whichever pbd is the first one in the library list wins...

Does anybody have a good solution to this problem?

Regards

Henrik Jakobsen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The easiest thing would be to create a new .Net proxy for the service that you're currently using the EasySoap proxy for.  Do you have a particular reason for keeping that one proxy using the EasySoap engine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

Haven't tried that yet.

But what you are saying is that I can use a .Net proxy for EasySoap webservices?

Because the opposite isn't possible.

I will try it and post back.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using a .net proxy against the current webservice and there were problem on a service that needed datetime parameters. I was as if the datatime values were passed in a form that the web service didn't understand.

So the initial findings are that I cannot just put a .net proxy in front of the web services instead.

Therefore I still need to use both pbsoapclient and pbwsclient in my application...

Another possible route is to dynamically alter my library list to place the correct pbd first in the list before instantiating the soapconnection object.

When do you think of this? I think it is kind of a hack, but might work...

Regards

Henrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually things seems to be working creating an EasySoap proxy, but using the PBWSClient version of the SoapConnection.

Is the .Net SoapConnection a superset of the PBSoapClient version of the SoapConnection?

/Henrik

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, they are two entirely different technologies.  However, I noticed recently that dependencies on the EasySOAP libraries were included in the .Net engine PBX.  What is entirely possible is that Engineering added support for that version of the PBX to support both engines, and that it's documented in some release notes for a patch or maintenance release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We found the solution.

For the web services that use EasySoap, we build EasySoap proxies.

For the web services that use .Net, we build .Net proxies.

Then we always use pbwsclientxxx.pbd (.net implementation) SoapConnection object. This supports both the EasySoap proxies and .Net proxies.

Thanks to Bruce for the insights.

Regards

Henrik Jakobsen

Answers (0)