cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using multiple date ranges in Desktop Intelligence report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two data providers which use multiple data ranges. In order to create an annualized value I am using Actual data activity for a YTD amount and then adding the Budget data activity for the remainder of the year.

In my example, the user is prompted for a From and To date range to be used in the Actual data provider (1/1/2008 and 6/30/2008). The next data provider requests a Budget From and To data (7/1/2008 and 12/31/2008).

I can run the data providers separately and return the correct results. However, I want the user to be able to use the "Refresh Data" icon and refresh all data providers simultaneously. The problem is that Desktop Intelligence is only prompting for a single set of From and To dates. Does anyone have a suggestion to force two sets of date prompts?

Thanks!

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The only reason why you would be getting 1 set of From Date - To Date prompts is when you have named to prompts the same in both data providers. To get your 2 sets of date prompts you would need to give them distinctive names,

i.e

Data provider - Actuals

"Actual - From Date"

"Actual - To Date"

Data Provider - Budgets

"Budget - From Date"

"Budget - To Date"

Hope this helps

Jacques

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

Thanks again for your response to my questions. I'm working with objects created by our developer and unfortunately the prompts are hard-coded and named the same for Budget and Actual.

To get around this I've thought about checking the "Do not Generate SQL before running" flag in the Budget data provider and adding a "B" to the prompt and related objects. I'm concerned that this flag may be unchecked by accident and return bad results.

I think that instead of using the predefined BudgetYTD object I will create a new BudgetYTD object with a renamed prompt.

Either way I proceed I think I'm set on this issue. I appreciate your help!!

David