cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using characteristic in "if condition" in Bex Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Bex Query while creating formula( local) in colomn section. i have to use characteristic in "if" condition. for example: characteristic 0plant( of char string type) has three values ZV, ND and PD. if oplant has value ZV then calculation 1, if equals ND then calculation 2 and if equals PD then no reporting. please suggest any method.

--Saurabh Tiwari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try this:

- create a structure in columns.

- create 3 selections, in each of them put the 0plant restricted by ZV, ND and PD accordingly and a KF that you want to play with. Hide all of them.

The selections will not equal to zero for values conforming the restrictions.

- Create a new formula. Here you can use a formula like

(Selection1 <>0)* (Calculation1) + (NOT (Selection1 <>0)* (Calculation2))

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugen,

I tried your method. and it seems a hope for me too. but still i have problem that when i created new structure i am not able to drag and drop keyfigure in new structure. so that bex is giving error. please help over here.

Saurabh tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right click on the structure -> new selection. All chars and KFs you can drag in there.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, plz dont mind. still my purpose is not solved. i explain u the exact scenario. see, i have to make a formula like: kf - display attribute. based on if conditions over characteristic.

as: if characteristic value = ZV then KF - <b>display attribute.</b>

if characteristic value = ND then KF - 0.

if characteristic value = PD then no reporting.

i have made a replacement type formula variable for display attribute. but while making new selection this formula variable is not present. this is all about my problem.

Now please provide me solution. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You follow the right path (though you should have mentioned earlier that you deal with display attribute).

So, don't create a new selection. Create a NEW FORMULA instead. Here you can use your selections and formula variable.

Best regards,

Eugene

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Give your mail i.d i will send a document that may

be userful

regards

ravi kiran

rewarding pts is the way of saying thanks is sdn