Did you mean: 

User Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query regarding user mapping.

user mapping necessary in two cases

1. when each of the backend sytem userids are different than portal user id

2. when all the backend systems are having same userid, but different from portal user id.

in case 1, we create a system with type uid/pwd

in case 2, we create a reference system which maps the portal user id --> backend user id.

now my question is. I am an user administrator and i want to map the users.. so if I want to map the portal user id to backend user id in both the cases, should I know the passwords of the backend user'ids. i.e.

for ex: if user X has user id "portaluser" in portal and "backenduser" in all the sap backend systems. should the user now disclose his backend password, which he was using to the user administrator of portal?

Please help me in this regard

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I have serious problems to understand your central sentence / question:

> should the user now disclose his backend password,

> which he was using to the user administrator of portal?

Anyhow, when you create a system with UIDPW, you can set the "Type of user assignment" to "adin,user", that way the users can assign the mapping by themselves without disclosing the PW.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

sorry for not being clear.

What I meant is,

say in our scenario, The link "Personalize" is not visible for the endusers. THe user administrator is given the task to map the portal user ids to the backend user ids.

1. How does user administrator map the user ids? will he map for each and every user to the backend user id? isnt it hectic in real time scenarios where we have more than 20000 users.

2. The user administrator maps these user ids from user administration --> user mapping? am i right? he searches for user x here and on the right hand side, he chooses the system. now he should supply the userid and pwd or user id Y isnt it? which means the user with user id Y need to pass on his password to portal administrator in order for him to access using portal.

please correct me if I didnt understand the concept correctly

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

> will he map for each and every user

> to the backend user id?

That's the idea from the UI. Anyhow, in fact is is not managable for 20000 users, no question. Once the 20000 users are mapped, this again can be the way for new users.

> from user administration --> user mapping? am i right?

Yes, as mapping via UI is concernced.

> the user with user id Y need to pass on his password

> to portal administrator in order for him to access

> using portal

Right again, that's why it may make sense to let the users do that task.

Also see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f8/3b514ca29011d5bdeb006094191908/frameset.htm for further details.

Anyhow, for mass mapping import, it would make sense to have the data within a table and import them by some mapping tool (to be developed, but that's only some lines).

Hope it helps

Detlev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can also map a group or a role to a user of a backend system. For user mappings the following lookup is followed:

- first check if the user has a mapping

- if not, check if the group of the user has a mapping

- if not, check if the role of the user has mapping

- if not, the iView will prompt the user for the id and pwd (if the iView is programmed correctly)

Greetz

Christophe

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

that's what's inside the link I have provided with my last post.

Regards

Detlev

PS: @Shiva - please consider rewarding points for helpful answers (without being explicitely reminded each time...).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Detlev,

Indeed it is, will check the links better next time

Greetz

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for the delay..

points granted