cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User mapping for Sysytem Aliases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i have done sso for r3 , but gives error that no user mapping for sysytem alises, where i need to give user id and password for the system to access.

pls help me on thgis issue.

regards

-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Thank you for response,

i have check what said search user in ident...etc,

but there are no system alises in usermapping and sysytem access.

this is the message i am seeing there

There are no systems available for user mapping for the selected principal. What could be the reason for there being no systems available?

Potential reasons why a backend system is not available:

• The selected principal does not have end-user permissions for the system.

• The system's logon method does not require any user mapping data for the system (such as "SAPLogonTicket" for a system that is not the SAP reference system).

• The system's user mapping type is not set correctly or not set at all.

• There is no system alias defined for the system.

• There is no system landscape registered, for example, the one contained in Enterprise Portal.

i have created a system alises in the portal to access r3. but i am not seeing there , what could be the reason.

plz help me on this issue.

reagards

--

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are getting this message because you have set logon method as SAPLOGONTICKETS and not to UIDPW, if you set it to UIDPW then your system alias will be available there for mapping.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

I have check that it is UIDPW.

regards

--

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign eu_role to the user. He can see the Personlize link in the masthead. Click that link. There will be option to set the user mapping. Make sure you have created system alias. That alias will appear for the user. Select it and provide r3 user and password.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi harini,

i have given eu_role to user and i check the personlized option but i could not see the User mapping there.

i am using EP 7.0

help me on this issue

regards

---

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link. That option is available. Please check it using admin account.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/fb/1187ea44fc0945815dfa2e2f538439/frameset.htm

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Give permission to the user for your system..

Go to system->permissions(right hand corner)->choose user-> assign user to the system.

Now go to the Personaliazation link-> user profile-> mapping(tab)->select ur system alias-> and give user and password.

regards

Parth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like you have chosen to implement SSO with User mapping rather than SSO with Logon tickets. if you are on EP7 then what Harini has suggested would work, but if you are on EP6 then you might have to follow

User Administration --> User Mapping.

Search the name/group/role to which you wish to assign username and password for a given system and set the username and password.

Pradeep.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have implemented SSO then you do not need to do user mapping in portal at all. Only check that you have the same user id is there in existance in portal as well as in R3.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to do user mapping, go to User Administration -> Identity Management. Search for the user. Choose Modify. Choose User Mapping. Select the r3 system alias. Give r3 username and password. Save it. Now test from the user account if you are able to access a SAP transaction iView. You can also do the user mapping in Personalize link in masthead if the user has eu_role.

Regards,

Harini S