cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User exit : RSRT - OK, error in BEx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In BEx I have a variable based on 0CalQuarter of type user exit. When I try to execute my report with this variable from BEx Designer in web I got an error "Value 1 for variable MYVAR is wrong". Debugging in RSRT shows no errors, variable is filled properly and the report is generated. Where should I look for a cause of this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Eugene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

perhaps you have conversion problems for an input variable. This might only happen when you use a specific Browser. Therefore:

a)record a trace of your web application. Add Parameter &trace=X to your url. Replay your trace with transaction rsrtrace

b) Set a HTTP (external) -breakpoint. To do this HTTP-Debuginng has to be switched on (in ABAP-Editor -> Settings -> ABAP Editor -> Debugging-> switch on External Debugging

Heike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siegfried and Heike,

Thank you for your answers. Unfortunately, the cause of my problem is not in a format of a variable. In RSRT I see that it has a proper format and even the report generated after debugging shows the proper value of the variable. But in web I got an error that the value of variable cannot be calculated correctly.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I said. There might be diffences in using RSRT and Web. Therefore you either have to record a trace or set an external breakpoint and start your web application from your browser.

Both options will give you debugging options without using transaction rsrt.

Heike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Heike. It works.

Best regards,

Eugene

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

are you sure, that you posted a correct value to the variable (internal/external format)? I think the internal format is 20041 for the first quarter of 2004 wheras the external format is 1.2004.

regards

Siggi