cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Authorization issues with HANA trial instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created HANA cloud trial account and created an instance.

I downloaded Eclipse and installed SAP development tools for Eclipse.

Then I added HANA Cloud platform system and provided the account name, user name and password (which I initially used to create the HANA cloud trial account).

At this stage, I could see the instance I created in the cloud platform in Eclipse. So far so good.

But from this point, I am getting user authorization errors when I try to do anything in Eclipse. For ex, if I try to check the database status, I am getting this error:

"Can't open the Administration editor; you do not have the required privilege"

If i try to create a user, I am getting this error:

"You need privilege USER ADMIN to perform this action"

I am also not able to create a user directly in the Cloud platform.

How should I proceed?

Please help.

Regards,

Sunitha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunitha,

all the points you described you cannot do on the HANA trial instance because of missing authorizations. These points are limitations of the HANA trial instance on HCP which you cannot resolve. For the points you wanna do you need a productive instance for which you have to pay of course.

But already on the trial instance you can do several things regarding development. I would recommend to go through documentation SAP HANA Cloud Platform - Using a Trial SAP HANA Instance to make you familiar with the specific things.

Best Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thank you for your response. I am mainly interested in data modeling, database administration etc,

not in development.

Can I use the Amazon Web Services for this? But I need HANA system for my learning, so I do not know if I can afford AWS for learning purposes or not.

Do you know, on average, how much it costs to use AWS?

Regards,

Sunitha

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunitha,

on the HANA trial on HCP you can do data modeling (e.g. creation of calculation views, ...), but you cannot do any administration tasks.

SAP offers via the Cloud Applicance Library (CAL) a free SAP HANA Developer Edition (at the moment v 1.0 SPS09). That means that you do not have to pay any license costs for SAP HANA. With that instance you can do the things you wanna do.

But of course you need to pay the computing time on AWS or Microsoft Azure (both are supported).

You can do a price calculation via the specific calculators:

At http://go.sap.com/developer/tutorials/setup-hana-for-cloud.html a short tutorial describes how to set up the developer edition in the cloud.

Best Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information Florian.

Answers (0)