cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Sender & Receiver Function in Constant Functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the use of "Sender" and "receiver" function in "Constant Functions" in graphical mapping. In which scenarios it will be used.

Thanks & Regards

Venkat Anil

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

sender

O gets the name of the sender business system. Test_Sender_System is output when you test the message mapping in the Integration Builder.

receiver

O returns the name of the receiver business system. Test_Receiver_System is output when you test the message mapping in the Integration Builder.

my Question is it create Sender and receiver services with the name of (Test_Sender_System & Test_Receiver_System) or we have to create again????

Thanks & Regards

Venkat Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

No its does not create "Test_Sender_System" & "Test_Receiver_System" Nor you have to create these business sytems.

At runtime based on your scenario/ID configuartion it will give you the actual sender and receiver systems in the mapping.

But if you are testing your mapping directly in Integration repository->Message Mapping->Test Tab at design time then it will give "Test_Sender_System" & "Test_Receiver_System" as a ouput (at design time it does not have actual sender/reciver information).

For e.g. if you have scenario with BS_SENDER and BS_RECEIVER as your sender and receiver business system then

1. If you run your interface end-to-end the the output at runtime will be BS_SENDER and BS_RECEIVER for "Sender" and "Receiver" functions respectively.

2. If you directly test your message mapping in IR->MM->Test Tab output at design time will be "Test_Sender_System" & "Test_Receiver_System" for "Sender" and "Receiver" functions respectively. (at design time it does not have actual sender/reciver information).

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>my Question is it create Sender and receiver services with the name of (Test_Sender_System & Test_Receiver_System) or we have to create again????

During the runtime i.e. executing the end-to-end scenario it will return the Business system/sender service/IP name however using the test tab/test configuration in IR/ID it will return the defalt value Test_Sender_System & Test_Receiver_System.

Thanks

SaNv...