Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use HANA DB on HEC via SCP

toy_jbiscocho
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We currently have a HANA DB on HEC for our BW system. We have tables from ERP being replicated to this HANA DB. We want to build an application on the SAP Cloud platform that will use this HANA DB. Our questions are as follows:

1. Is this possible?

2. How do we connect to this HANA DB on the HEC? Is it the same as connecting to an on-premise system via our cloud connector?

3. How do we expose data from the replicated ERP tables? Do we do it via OData, or is there a direct way of doing it. Is there a standard way of querying the tables I specified?

Looking forward to advise from the community.

Regards,

Jing

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will for sure need the cloud connector as HEC is hosting and the SCC will bring the needed connectivity. I've just check in SCC and see the option for SAP HANA. But in Protocols there is HTTP(S) and TCP. So you might be able to get a ODBC, but I've never tried that. The most feasible option that I see is to expose the tables with OData and use the HTTP(S) connection.

toy_jbiscocho
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Gregor.

Just to confirm, besides OData, does HANA have any other way of exposing tables for consumption via UI5 apps on the SAP cloud platform?

Regards,

Jing

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Via the TCP connection you might have the possibility to establish a ODBC connection from a Java application. But you still need to implement a REST or OData API to make use of the data in HANA using UI5.