cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Grouping by sort

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i would like to use Grouping by sort in my Business Workplace. In the general Workflow workplace i have about 300 tasks. Now i would like to sort it by sorting criterion but it do not work fine. I create a filter on task and when i update the view, nothing appears.

SAP version : ECC 6.

Thanks for help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KjetilKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please don't tell us how you defined the filter! We enjoy guessing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for answer.

For instance it's a simple filter, just one field : Create date and the value is : >= 01.01.2000.

Normally i should have values.

KjetilKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Filter on created date >= 10.01.2008 works fine in the system I'm working in - number of displayed work items reduced from 98 to 12.

SAP ECC 6.0 with support package level 12 (SAPKA/SAPKB).

Edited by: Kjetil Kilhavn on Jan 15, 2008 11:52 AM

But the thing is - I still don't understand what you are trying to achieve (or why, but that's no prerequisite). Filtering is no problem, grouping is a different cup of tea.

Edited by: Kjetil Kilhavn on Jan 15, 2008 11:53 AM:

Not to mention that your original post mentions a problem with a filter on task, while your reply gives an example with a creation date filter. What would you say if the specifications you received were like this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, in fact, actually i test some possibilities of workflow, and i would like to understand how to use the following options in UWL. Imagine, my system workflow is clean, there is no work items. Now i launch one workflow ; in my workflow i can see the work item in the line named 'Worked'. Under this line i have the following options (folder icon) :

- Grouped according to task -> i can see my work item

- Grouped according to content -> my work item don't appear

- Grouped according to content type -> my work item don't appear

- Grouped according to sort key -> my work item don't appear

I can give you an example of use : imagine a workflow coming from various departments (organizationnal structure), i would like to sort my work item by service. So i suppose that i need to use 'Grouped according to sort key' but how ? and if this is not this option which option i should use ?

Thanks

Edited by: CECG on Jan 17, 2008 11:35 PM

KjetilKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>i would like to use Grouping by sort in my Business Workplace. In the general Workflow

>

> well, in fact, actually i test some possibilities of workflow, and i would like to understand how to use the following options in UWL.

Is it SAP Business Workplace or the Universal Worklist, or both? I know nothing about UWL so I can't help you there. However, I expect that basic functionality such as that mentioned below will be quite similar in the two.

>

> - Grouped according to task -> i can see my work item

> - Grouped according to content -> my work item don't appear

> - Grouped according to content type -> my work item don't appear

> - Grouped according to sort key -> my work item don't appear

It seems your work item (or task) is rather strange.

In my inbox I have 58 work items of different sorts. They are grouped by 5 tasks (total: 58 work items), 25 contents (total: 58 work items), 3 content types (total: 58 work items) and no sort keys (total: 0 work items)

I am quite sure the 'sort key' is the WiGroup_ID container element which you find in all tasks. If there is no Wi_Group_ID there will not be any work items in that view. Test it by assigning some object to it in your binding.

I am also quite sure that the Grouped according to content and content type are controlled by the Wi_Object_ID container element, and how you manage to have a work item without an object I don't know - which is why I say it seems your work item (or task) is rather strange.