Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Custom query script option disable

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I am log in as administrator on BI and trying to create one simple report based on universe which is on MDX cube.

Version   BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 3 Patch 2

Use Custom query script option is disable, i am not able to customize my SQL query which is default generated by SAP BO. Attached is S/S.

Regards,

AD.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member210032
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divekar,

If you are using relation connection then we can customize query but in OLAP Cube  we can't customize query

Regards

Mustafa

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed,

Thanks for your reply, Can we create Relational connection for OLAP cube?

former_member210032
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divekar,

NO, we can't create Relational connection for OLAP cube.It is impossible................

Regards

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divekar,

Sorry, no you can't but can you please elaborate more about why you need to customize the report query? we may find another solution for what you want to do at the end.

Taha

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

One of my user creating report based on SSRS OLAP and after putting objects in query panel webi creating 3 cross join which is causing report. He is a DBA so he know that 3 cross join is not require in this query so he want to customize is query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to find out which join in not required and to remove it from the Universe. Then we can run the report and try again. here we need to validate data as well as performance.

Taha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that you can't customize your query if the Universes connection is OLAP or MDX. can you please try to simulate the same but using relational connection.

Taha M. Mahmoud, PMP, ITIL, TOGAF, CSM
Senior BI consultant
Author of: Creating Universes with SAP BusinessObjects