cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of J2EE_ADMIN for deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We needed to change the password for the J2EE_ADMIN user on our "production" server. Now the deployment of my SW component on that server fails with the following error in the log:

"Info:com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [sapcoe01] with user name: [J2EE_ADMIN]

Info: Check your login information.

Info: Exception is:

Info:com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Access Denied.]"

Where is this login configured? Is this a standard connection configuration or JDI special?

Many thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you change the admin password it needs to be changed at two places.

1. UME(ABAP/JAVA)

2. Config Tool.

Please refer to this thread. It may be of help.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhard,

thanks for this tip. The Password was also changed in the secure store.

The error message I retrieve looks as if we could need some authorizations for this user. Do you know which authorization is needed for deployment on another system than the CMS system?

Best regards,

Birgit

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know there is no authorization required because once you login SDm you basically login with the Admin user id.

That is the reason i feel that the passwords are not in sync at both places.

After changing the passwords just restart the j2ee engine also.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sidharth,

you were right. There was a misunderstanding between the basis support and myself. They did not change the password in the secure store. Meanwhile this had even made the other system crashing.

Best regards,

Birgit

Answers (0)