cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of ABAP Program RSDDTREX_ALL_INDEX_REBUILD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

What is the usage of ABAP Program RSDDTREX_ALL_INDEX_REBUILD?? From other notes and SAP Library, I could find out that it will "Delete, Rebuild and then fill all Active BIA Indexes".

However according to my understanding, whenever data is loaded into the Cube, if that cube is on BWA, data will be automatically updated on BWA. Then what is the need of this ABAP Program??

Also can you tell me how frequently this program need to be executed? Or is it that it should be executed only on need basis?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This program is just another tool that you could elect to use to delete and rebuild indexes. In addition, it provides other options with BWA-only infocubes, analytic indexes and composite providers. You are correct though, after the initial set up of BWA (rollup step has been added to the process chains) the daily loads will update the bwa infocube indexes automatically. The program should not be needed to execute very often. Only when you have the need to do mass index delete and rebuild of indexes for example.

Regards,

Josh

Customer Solution Adoption - Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add Josh's comments, this program can be used after major BW and BWA upgrades, and after a key master data structural change that impacts all cubes

Cheers

Tansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh & Tansu

Thanks for the reply.

In the SDN I somwhere read that there are ABAP programs to delete the Indexes from BWA, also this above mentioned program deletes all Indexes and recreate them.

However is there any program which will create Index for the specific InfoCube on the BWA. This is required since indexes of one of our Cube have got corrupted.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you need ABAP program only, simply delete and recreate index for individual cube from the context menu of infocube.

If you are planning to include this cube in process chain then you can simply use the existing process type for recreation and filling the index.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Go to rsddv, delete the index from this cube, recreate, and refill, you don't need a program.

Cheers

Tansu